V73 incorporates Paddle shift control

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

V73 incorporates Paddle shift control

Post by mefmotorsport »

I havn't seen any mention of this so far on here so I thought I'd bring it to everyones attention!

V73 Release:- Paddle Shift Controller

V73 Adds the ability to use the extra functionality of an S100, not needed for most engine applications, to act as a fully featured paddle shift gearbox controller.
Configurable for most sequential gearbox layouts, with different 1/2 shift neutral positions. RPM limited downshifts, closed loop up and downshifts, variable throttle
blipper lead and timing as well as RPM and paddle pull triggered auto upshifting. Configurable anti push system for downshifts.

Safety features include position sensor limits and sanity checking, stuck down paddle rejection as well as neutral button requirements.

I'm currently looking into the hardware side of this and fitting it to my BMW rally car which has a Tractive RD906 sequential box........

Hopefully I will be able to market a full kit to go with the ecu at some point.

martin
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: V73 incorporates Paddle shift control

Post by Rob Stevens »

Hardware is available from 'platskool' also. I've made my own kit and will be fitting it to the car soon.
Also of interest is that fact that an S80 can be upgraded to a S100 back at DTA for this padel use.
mefmotorsport
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Yes, I have been talking to Nick Algar of Playskool Motorsport about the hardware, he's sent me some pictures of whats required.

I also paid a visit to DTA to look at Allans Caterham which has all the Playskool kit installed and working, it seems to be very simple, not rocket science!

Fortunately I have already upgraded to an S100 so I'm ready to get the parts together and make some progress, what parts did you source yourself?

Martin
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I got the main air ram out of a catalogue 25mm bore by 100mm stroke, but I only needed 50mm stroke -doh. also Allan is using a 32mm ram with less leverage, the air regulator was tricky, we ended up using a gas regulator from a mig gas bottle, dirt cheap but had to mod it a little to get the flow and pressure required, 120psi. The throttle blipper was 10mm bore by 25mm stroke, but there are nice concentric ones out there that I would recommend. The valve blocks were from a catalogue but look OTT compared to Allans ones, much neater.
The paddles I made myself. The air tank is from a paint ball thing. But depending on use you may need a compressor, I only do hill climbs