Flashing DTA S-Series

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Flashing DTA S-Series

Post by stevieturbo »

And no doubt a youtube video showing the process too would help some.
DTA Gareth
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by DTA Gareth »

stevieturbo wrote:And no doubt a youtube video showing the process too would help some.
oh absolutely, they will follow but they take a while to make. a summer job will be doing a few videos
Anders_Karlsson
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 66

Post by Anders_Karlsson »

Just making sure, it says in the bottom of the guide "The software number should always be the same or higher than the firmware."

The latest software number is V80.07 and the firmware is V80.11.

I guess there will not be any issues since both was announced at the same time on the website?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

It's only the major version that has to be higher. The minor doesn't matter.
Anders_Karlsson
Firmware Version: 66

Post by Anders_Karlsson »

Thanks Alex!
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

Hi all, just been trying to reflash an older S40, V47.00, hardware V1.01. I just cant get the monitor to load at all after spending several hours trying. I had another one to do which was a V53 and it went in straight away no problem but this one just wont work.

In desperation I tried a brand new V80.11 and that worked straight away with no problems so it seems that it must be something to do with the ecu rather than my laptop or serial adapter.

Can anyone make any suggestions, I've done everything I usually do to no avail!

Cheers,

Martin
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

I just tried to save the map from this ecu so tried to connect to DTASwin but after it tries to load it tells me that I have loaded the wrong firmware for this ecu (S40 ignition only)

Thinking about it I have definitely done that earlier today, I loaded S40.hex rather than the S40i version (not realising that the ignition only ecu requires a different firmware to the full s40 firmware) so is this the reason I cant reflash it now?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

If you flash the wrong firmware, all you need to do is reflash the correct firmware. It makes no difference.
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

thanks Alex, that's what I would expect but it just wont work!

the new S40 ive tried still allows the monitor to load so there's some peculiarity with this ecu.

I always struggle with this program to some extent, I,m using an 8 year old HP laptop which runs windows XP and generally eventually works with STflasher although I find its a very flakey program!

I did recently try a PC that has a proper serial port but it didnt run ST flasher any better.

I'm sure it will reflash easily on your bench PC but I'd like to be able to do this myself with confidence and success!
dholliman
Firmware Version: 71.00

Post by dholliman »

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any idea about an issue with flashing the firmware on a S80 pro, I originally updated it a few years ago with Version 71 and I regularly connect to the ECU and have the latest DTASwin software on the PC. I use a recommended Serial to USB converter with button and have tried different PC's but now cannot get the flasher programme to work, it connects to the port but the monitor fails to load, saying time out or something like that. The PC I use to connect is Windows 10. I have tried all the suggestions on this section, like leaving the ECU on for 10 mins, holding the flash button longer etc, tried reloading the Flasher programme and USB converter drivers, also shutting everything off including wifi and ethernet and closing all programs, but no joy, any suggestions would be gratefully attempted, thanks.