Flashing DTA S-Series

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Flashing DTA S-Series

Post by mefmotorsport »

V67.00 now available on DTA downloads on their website.

martin
JON-TEC-RALLYE
Distributor: JON-TEC-RALLYE
Firmware Version: 89

Post by JON-TEC-RALLYE »

today I reset s80 and s60. I installed the firmware 70 without problems. but I had a problem with s40, shows me this message. and the program shuts itself dtawin. I installed different firmware (66-68-70) always appears that message.

YOU HAVE LOADED THE WRONG FIRMWARE FOR THE ECU, RELOAD THE CORRET FIRMWARE

then install a firmware ecu.s40 s60-hex and interestingly the message disappears. it does not operate well. s40hex install and again the error message.
anyone knows the solution, thanks.
DTA--MoTec--Link--Ecumaster--HONDATA
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

You've mentioned S40 ecu and S60-hex

Not S40-hex ?
JON-TEC-RALLYE
Distributor: JON-TEC-RALLYE
Firmware Version: 89

Post by JON-TEC-RALLYE »

The ecu is the s40 should be s40hex file, try this hex file, and it did not install different firmware versions s40hex, did not work.
finally desperate install another firmware (already had clear that something was wrong) s60hex, the message disappeared but evidently was not properly installed (with firmware dtas40 s60hex not work).

allan finally gave me an answer.

You have either pressed the erase button in STFlasher You have before upgrading or S40 firmware loaded into an S40 ignition only.

If the former it will need to be returned to us for rectification, if the later re-flash firmware with S40i.

dta-s40 travel to the factory.
DTA--MoTec--Link--Ecumaster--HONDATA
tzei
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 71

Post by tzei »

Can't flash. Gives me:

*LOAD MONITOR-->ERROR
Description: InitMonitor failed.
Monitor: BSL: Fail before sending all the 0x20 first bytes.
Com: Receive: Timeout or Lost of data

Fuel pump not priming so thats good
rs cable with button (shorts pins 8 & 13 ok) no usb converters etc connected
installed st10 program again after remowing it

any ideas?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Proper serial connection or USB adaptor ?

Almost all problems seem to be related to lack of communications.

Flash button is momentary when you power up the ecu.

If the ecu sees this button and goes into flash mode, the fuel pump will not prime.

Once powered up and on the main flash screen before doing anything, are you getting 2 green lights on screen to say flash ready ? ( might need to select the flash file for this, cant rem exactly and dont have it installed on this computer )
tzei

Post by tzei »

No adaptors in use. I assume serial cable is fine since all other communication (setting parameters etc.) has been ok. Flash button works ok. Button is pressed momentarly yes - push/on, then ecu on, release button/off -> flash mode, fp is not priming.

Main flash screen:
one green: COM port (com1 9600,N,8,1)
one red: Monitor (bad, not responding)

I think com1 is ok as when DTA pc software is on, flash says that it can´t connect as port is used by other program.
tzei

Post by tzei »

Got it!

I made on/off switch for ecu separately and that did the job. Some how it didn´t like using cars master switch for turning ecu on/off.

So all is good in this matter.
forrest
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Allan
Firmware Version: 79.00

Post by forrest »

Hi newbie here I've been trying to update the firmware on my S100 ecu and I can't connect to the it for some reason?

I have a dta flash lead, I have tried to do it on two laptops one running windows 8 using a usb adapter, and an older laptop with xp on it using the serial port.

I push the button turn on the ecu then release the button open the flash program, and then after a few second it it comes up with.

Initmonitor failed
Monito: BSL: Fail before sending all the 0x20 first bytes.
Com: Receive: Timeout of lost of data
Frequency is null. No baudrate available.

My fuel pump is on its own switch so can't tell you it's not priming but I have a dta dash using can from the ecu and when I press the flash button the dash show zero values so i'm guessing it in flash mode when this happens?

I have checked the button is wired correctly and the lead works fine when in use it for DTAWin with both lap tops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Forrest Eyles.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I've never used the dash part, so cant comment. But normally you know as the fuel pump doesnt prime.

It makes sense to have the ecu controlling the fuel pump for safety reasons.

You could also check it's in flash mode by trying to start the engine, it shouldnt start. But dash display not working correctly would sound like the ecu isnt in its normal operating mode.

As to why it isnt working via a direct serial connection...really no idea. It should be a good solid connection. Cant remember if there is an option for different COM ports via the SFlash software ?