P8 Pro / G Dash oil temperature inputs and others!

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
MGFMINI
ECU Model: P8 Pro

P8 Pro / G Dash oil temperature inputs and others!

Post by MGFMINI »

Good evening, Im currently building my car and starting to get everything ECU together and wondered if someone could answer the following as sure they have come to light before.....I have had to use ANA 3 input for wide band O2 controller 0-5v input which the manual states also for oil temp input with a resistor, are there any other inputs on either the P8 or G Dash that I can do the same to input the oil temp?

Also the RPM and Alert LED I am presuming any 12v led with resistor could be used using the pin 7 +12vdc feeding them and earthed on pins 10, 11, 12 respectfully?

I also would like to run a secondary cooling water pump, which output could i use?

Thanks for any advice
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: P8 Pro / G Dash oil temperature inputs and others!

Post by stevieturbo »

I see no reason why you could not use Ana1 or 2 for the oil temp input ?

And for the water pump any free Aux out should do...although that might only leave you with Aux 2 ( if 1 is used for oil temp and 3 for the wideband input as te I/O are paired together which is annoying )

As for the dash, never used one, wiring instructions etc are online
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

Thank you very much, I did not realise they are paired.....will have to have a re think!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Yea, it's a very strange way to have them !

Although as oil temp would also be fairly closely linked to water temp....maybe operate that pump based on oil temp ? That would use the same 1 input and output.
MGFMINI

Post by MGFMINI »

That sounds like a way forward, thank you very much.

I will also be fitting 2 12v radiator fans run by an external controller so another thought was to ground a relay to the switched ground of the controller for the higher temp fan and do it that way.
As I'm running ITB's I'm guessing that the MAP sensor input would not be used either, although no use for the fan