K20 Wiring Loom

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
Ali

K20 Wiring Loom

Post by Ali »

Hi, im new to this forum. I have a 99 Honda Civic which has a Honda K20 conversion. Im using my DTA S60 and am looking for someone to adapt my engine wiring loom to suit the S60.

Any reccomendations of who would be able to do this or if someone could point me towards a write up that would be great,

Thanks
Jon K
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Re: K20 Wiring Loom

Post by Jon K »

Ali wrote:Hi, im new to this forum. I have a 99 Honda Civic which has a Honda K20 conversion. Im using my DTA S60 and am looking for someone to adapt my engine wiring loom to suit the S60.

Any reccomendations of who would be able to do this or if someone could point me towards a write up that would be great,

Thanks
Ali what country/region are you from? We may be able to make suggestions once we know.

Jon
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Dick Spanner
Firmware Version: 61

Post by Dick Spanner »

As Jon says, where are you!

I made mine myself! Have you got a std K20A engine loom to modify?

I may be able to help

Del

Ali

Post by Ali »

hi, sorry forgot to say im in Glasgow and do have the standard k20 loom
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

More likely to get a new loom built for the S60 to suit your engine and connectors. You would probably have to supply your loom for donor connectors as most are specific to the K20 engine. PM me for details?

Martin
tecing
Distributor: www.mactecracing.com
Firmware Version: 63

Post by tecing »

Hi Ali,
I think you can wiring your loom same piggyback type, tap for all sensor and cut IGN + INJ for DTA control. You can do it if you have wirng diagram K20A Engine harness.
Ali

Post by Ali »

thanks for advice, its all fixed now.
Ali

Post by Ali »

i have used a wiring diagram for DTA and wiring diagram for the K20 engine loom, engine runs however theres an intermittent misfire.

I'v changed TPS sensor, cam sensors, coils, spark plugs and still misfires.
Could there be something i'v overlooked on the wiring loom that could be causing this? any suggestions would be appreciated.
PeteS2k

Post by PeteS2k »

Assuming the K20 uses similar sensors and conventions to the F20C, it might be worth checking the DTA SWin diagnostics for sensible outputs from crank, cam, and MAP sensors using the laptop diagnostics.

I remember when setting mine up for the first time (S60Pro on F20C in a kit car), there was some conflict between the Honda S2000 workshop manual and DTA installation manual polarity conventions. If I recall, I had to swap crank and MAP conventions to get the expected output. I have also had a dodgy cam sensor connection (my poor wiring :oops: ) which gave intermiitent poor starting. I was chasing ignition and fuelling faults - until I noticed the cam errors on the diagnostics.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I have read that some Honda stuff trigger of the rising edge and not the normal falling edge. So sensor polarity is very important.

But as above, check for crank or cam errors. Coil dwell time perhaps ?

And as I mentioned before, and there is a base map with his name on it. Isnt there a guy Henry Roy over on the West coast that works at Hondas and DTA ?