sensor grounds can i use any of the ground ecu pins?

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
roosie
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

sensor grounds can i use any of the ground ecu pins?

Post by roosie »

my S40 im just adding my air temp sensor , the manual says to use pin 29 for sensor ground, can i use any of other pins like 28.13,14.

i dont really want to splice into a wire thats already on that pin when i have a spare earth slot on connector to go straight to.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: sensor grounds can i use any of the ground ecu pins?

Post by stevieturbo »

13 and 14 are clearly marked power ground, so no.

28 and 29 are clearly marked as sensor ground, so take your pick.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

On the S40 only you can also use undesignated pins 2, 4, 5, & 7 as sensor grounds as they are all joined to pins 28 &29 on the PCB.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

mefmotorsport wrote:On the S40 only you can also use undesignated pins 2, 4, 5, & 7 as sensor grounds as they are all joined to pins 28 &29 on the PCB.
Would that apply to all of the 'S' series boards or are they all entirely different / individual?
Star wiring multiple sensor earths to one/two pins always seems a 'messy' solution.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

katana wrote:
mefmotorsport wrote:On the S40 only you can also use undesignated pins 2, 4, 5, & 7 as sensor grounds as they are all joined to pins 28 &29 on the PCB.
Would that apply to all of the 'S' series boards or are they all entirely different / individual?
Star wiring multiple sensor earths to one/two pins always seems a 'messy' solution.

In some ways.....but electrically, in terms of interference etc....it's probably a very clean solution.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

katana wrote:
No, S40 only.

The only other option is to supply a dedicated sensor ground input for each sensor, and that's not practical