anyone using the dta stc control box?

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: anyone using the dta stc control box?

Post by VR6Turbo »

Sounds like you've sorted it now but where did you get the stc from? DTA don't normally sell them to the public without first bench testing your pedal and throttle.

I ran the stc and s80 on my VR6 turbo (4 mo throttle) and also an R32 engine and had no trouble with it at all.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

stevieturbo wrote:
adzer wrote:problem solved, i had my can wires from my clocks into the ecu, then from ecu to stc

my mate told me to disconect the dash can wires from ecu and just link ecu to stc and hey presto
That raises another query.

Surely CAN by nature should allow connection of multiple devices ? Surely it isnt limited to a single device ?
If more than one device is trying to use the same address for something you'll have issues, or if devices use different speed CAN, missing or incorrect terminating resisters etc...
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

I would imagine that the "clocks" can is a different protocol to the dta, it was probably messing up the dta can stream due to the mismatched data trying to flow from the clocks.

Martin
ibizacupra
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by ibizacupra »

overall termination resistance too low will cause a can error/fail in one of the chain..
i had this on my s60/stc/xdash when i added racetech dash4 to the party.. removed the racetech terminator resistor from its plug and can worked fr all devices. 78 ohms minimum to std rings a bell
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Have you enabled the can stream in the software?