making my first loom dta S40 & c20let

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
heds
ECU Model: S40 Pro

making my first loom dta S40 & c20let

Post by heds »

Hi, ive just bought a DTA S40, ive been supplied the main ecu plug and a load of different colour wires crimped on one end.
I also have the spare crimps and the plugs i need to use.

Im using the vauxhall c20let engine, just wanting some advice or tips on starting the harness, is it best to push all the wires into the ecu plug first etc...
MSEL
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 78

Re: making my first loom dta S40 & c20let

Post by MSEL »

yes, put the wires into the connector - that way you have a fixed starting point.
heds
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by heds »

is there preferred colour code that people follow?
also i have a couple of + and - from the ecu plug that splice into 3 and 4 cores for various sensors, i dont have enough for all the sensors i need would uncover the heatshrink and join the extra couple onto the same joint?
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

You will find that on an S40 (ONLY) there are actually several unused (and undefined by DTA) additional ground pins, ie. as well as 13/14/28/29, they are 2,4,5 &7

I know this since I had to replace a connector on one and I found the the ground plane connects all these pins directly together with equally good thickness copper tracks! very handy for providing additional sensor grounds without extra splicing!

Don't tell Allan that I said this though!

Martin
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

You have probably just shot your self in the foot as he is about to bring out more outputs for the S40 using those pins! LOL :)
mefmotorsport
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Rob Stevens wrote:You have probably just shot your self in the foot as he is about to bring out more outputs for the S40 using those pins! LOL :)
Well if he does he will need a major hardware revision anyway to make the pins available but I doubt this will happen soon, in any case the better option is to move up to an S60 if you want more outputs!
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

mefmotorsport wrote:
Rob Stevens wrote:You have probably just shot your self in the foot as he is about to bring out more outputs for the S40 using those pins! LOL :)
Well if he does he will need a major hardware revision anyway to make the pins available but I doubt this will happen soon, in any case the better option is to move up to an S60 if you want more outputs!
I PM'd Rob as this would affect a couple of projects coming up for me... He's just stirring!!!
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |