Tps wiring and bits

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
Sambo18
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Tps wiring and bits

Post by Sambo18 »

Hi all I'm running a dta s40 pro on my nova and the current tps Is a jenvey one, i have now changed the Inlet and need to use a different throttle position sensor, can I just cut the loom and solder a new plug on?
Also I need to add a water temp sensor to the loom for the ecu can anybody help uo with that?
Cheers
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Tps wiring and bits

Post by stevieturbo »

There are many TPS sensors you can use, although I think there is a resistance range they need to work with.

There have been threads before where people have had problems with too small a range.

What help do you need ? Just wire as per instructions. Wiring diagrams are available on DTA's site.
Sambo18

Post by Sambo18 »

Cheers mate, I'm hoping to use a standard vauxhall tps and plug, also as regards to a temp sensor for ecu I was told I have to fit a relay? I didn't think of looking at the dta diagrams, will have a browse at them tonight
Cheers
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Sambo18 wrote:Cheers mate, I'm hoping to use a standard vauxhall tps and plug, also as regards to a temp sensor for ecu I was told I have to fit a relay? I didn't think of looking at the dta diagrams, will have a browse at them tonight
Cheers
If the Vaux TPS sensor is a normal variable pot type then it should be fine as long as it works within the resistance range DTA expects. It probably will be fine though.

I can see no sensible...or indeed any stupid reason there would ever be a relay wired into a temperature sensor line into the ecu.
Sambo18

Post by Sambo18 »

That's what I thought, really confused me.. My temperature sender is the 2 pin plug type will that be compatible with the dta?
Thanks for the replys
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

2 pin is fine, so long as none of the pins are earthed internally, wire as per the dta drawing. You may have to review the calibration if the temp displayed looks wrong.
Anders_Karlsson
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 66

Post by Anders_Karlsson »

I use a Bosch 0 280 122 001 TPS-sensor, stock sensor on my Opel/Vauxhall C30SE engine.
Works fine for me.

I also use the stock watertempsensor, Bosch 0 280 122 026.