Logging switch

Wiring best practices and loom building technique
Shedman
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 66.02

Logging switch

Post by Shedman »

Just finishing up my S80 loom :D . The manual says to activate logging (in switched mode) ana2 needs to be low. Just to be sure - does that mean ground ana2 output? If so, will any ground connection be OK?

Thanks.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Logging switch

Post by stevieturbo »

Any ground will be fine for that usage

But you can leave logging active all the time, or only whilst a vehicle speed signal is detected which leaves Ana2 free for other uses.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I think you need to add a pull up resistor to 5v for this to work, its shown in the wiring diagram. But as Stevie says you can turn the loging on with wheel speed this frees up this switch for something else should you wish, assuming you have wheel speed.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

Thanks guys - I'd forgotten about the notes that accompany the wiring diagrams :oops:. (I don't have any wheel speed sensors).
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Well instead of the switch fit a wheel speed and enter the world of launch and traction.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

What car is it in, is there no OEM speed signal that can be used ?

And when logging at 10hz, for most part there is about the last 26mins available which is a decent amoujnt.
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

The car is a Lotus Excel with a modified LS1 in it. I've been running the factory ECU for several years. The original car has no wheel speed sensors, but it is my intension to fit them. The replacement diff I have fitted (BTR Hydratrack) has trigger wheels on the output flanges so that should be fairly straight forward. The front will require a little more thought - I may be able to modify some of the late Esprit parts. I do like your idea of triggering logging with wheel rotation. I'm really enjoying doing this conversion! Thanks for your ideas and help.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

You would only need wheel speeds all round if you wanted to use traction control.

Other than that, any speed signal will be fine for the logging.

If you werent using many of the inputs and outputs, you could configure an Aux output to trigger logging by feeding it back into Ana2 via say rpm or some other load parameter.
mefmotorsport
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

Shedman wrote:Just finishing up my S80 loom :D . The manual says to activate logging (in switched mode) ana2 needs to be low. Just to be sure - does that mean ground ana2 output? If so, will any ground connection be OK?

Thanks.
Ground Ana2 INPUT not OUTPUT!
Shedman

Post by Shedman »

mefmotorsport wrote:
Shedman wrote:Just finishing up my S80 loom :D . The manual says to activate logging (in switched mode) ana2 needs to be low. Just to be sure - does that mean ground ana2 output? If so, will any ground connection be OK?

Thanks.
Ground Ana2 INPUT not OUTPUT!
Thanks - :oops: - how can you tell I'm new to all this?!

Eventually I'd like the option to run traction control when on public roads - the Excel is a track car but taken out on the roads sometimes for meetings etc..