DTASwin rewrite

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
gnutz2
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Re: DTASwin rewrite

Post by gnutz2 »

This is a big one for me but I'm not quite sure if it comes under software or firmware?

On turbocharged engines the fuel pressure needs to take into account manifold pressure by deducting manifold pressure and adding manifold vacuum.

If this was done turbocharged engines could adopt a failsafe strategy in the event of a fuel pressure drop and potentially save thousands of pounds.

Cheers Baz.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

gnutz2 wrote:This is a big one for me but I'm not quite sure if it comes under software or firmware?

On turbocharged engines the fuel pressure needs to take into account manifold pressure by deducting manifold pressure and adding manifold vacuum.

If this was done turbocharged engines could adopt a failsafe strategy in the event of a fuel pressure drop and potentially save thousands of pounds.

Cheers Baz.
Syvecs already does this. ( and I might have mentioned it as a failsafe already here too )

Some other ecu's offer a table of MAP vs Pressure....but it's messy compared to the simple field of relative fuel pressure. Such a simple and effective safety to have.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Software = PC software

Firmware = ECU, the code that actually controls the engine. So that is a firmware change.

Easy enough to implement, as we have both MAP and FP, so I'll add it to the enhancements list.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Just a simple field that if it drops below relative FP of xxx kpa/psi etc for a period of xx seconds then force reduced power ( whether that's boost, rpm, whatever )

Then up to the user to fine tune it to their setup.
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

as an addition to that, a fuel pressure trip would be nice, something to detect sudden drops in fuel pressure (like a pipe bursting) and should shut the fuel pump off.

this saved me at Snetterton a few weeks ago!
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

All noted. How about a pretty video?

[youtube][/youtube]
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

lumley32 wrote:as an addition to that, a fuel pressure trip would be nice, something to detect sudden drops in fuel pressure (like a pipe bursting) and should shut the fuel pump off.

this saved me at Snetterton a few weeks ago!
What has been mentioned above covers that too....although obviously any pipe burst would need to be sufficient to actually cause a pressure drop.

Many fractures or splits may not actually do that. Best to install good lines :)
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I think the most popular ask for the real time display was always could it be user configurable ?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

stevieturbo wrote:I think the most popular ask for the real time display was always could it be user configurable ?
It will be, but not in the first release. First step is just to get all the current functionality working, then add the nice to have bits like that.
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

of corse it won't catch everything Stevie, it was just something that was fresh in my mind!

and they were good lines, just badly re-routed after a change of filter! this stuff would of corse be easy on a massive car with loads of room to put stuff! :P

Alex, that display looks much better than the old one, if only from an aesthetic point of view.