Dtadroid

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Ade
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Dtadroid

Post by Ade »

Help please ! I have an s40 pro on my bike (gsxr1100 turbo) I purchased an Android tablet and also the dtadroid pro app , first problem is the app told me it wasn't licensed and wouldn't open , I turned the wifi off so it couldn't check itself and bingo away it went .I have the prolific USB to serial convertor I bought from dta with the ECU , I set the data stream parameters on the ECU as per instructions plugged it in and hey presto nothing ..so I thought a little and realised the tablet doesn't put out 5volt on the USB port to power the adapter so I gave it a 5v supply from the ECU sensor pin , still nothing , any ideas please guys ???
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Dtadroid

Post by Alex DTA »

The USB to Serial adaptor doesn't need a separate supply, only the Bluetooth version does.

Check you've set the Baud rate in the App Settings.
Ade

Post by Ade »

It's set to 57600 baud rate .... Any more ideas ???
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Not really, that's all there is to the USB connection.

Ticked the Serial Data Stream tick box?

Have you clicked the Connect to ECU option on the men? It doesn't automatically connect like the PC software.
Ade

Post by Ade »

Hi Alex , problem fixed pin 4 and 5 need bridging on the micro Usb plug to switch tablet into host mode.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Thanks for letting me know Ade.