turbo map honda b16a2 8psi boost

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
jack70
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 79,02

Re: turbo map honda b16a2 8psi boost

Post by jack70 »

i did some changes, please open this new map and give me your opinion

changed:

- fuel map
- throttle transients
- controle closed loop 60°

in future i will update vtec and ignition and turbo control, but, first i have to collect more info about these subjects
Attachments
JACK B16a2 22-08-2016 TURBO.map
(44.41 KiB) Downloaded 330 times
rxboxster
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by rxboxster »

the fuel map... you are fuelling the same amount on idle, as WOT full RPM?
So either your car is running seriously rich on tick over, or seriously lean at full throttle?

Your timing looks a little high at 30 degrees+ seeing as though you haven't got the fuelling there yet,

The lambda control, for a turbo motor you want it richer at more throttle/RPM, so all the 0.8's change around 0.9

Manifold/Baro pressure compensations, set to standard.... as these have been changed?

Air temp compensations, se to standard, as these have been changed?

Also read the manual.... over and over till it sinks in :)

Do you know what the numbers in the fuelling boxes mean?, once you understand this, its pretty easy to get your car quite close. :)

Cheers
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

I generally avoided looking after previous comments...but was bored when it popped up.

Seriously...have someone competent do the tuning before you blow shit up...if it hasnt already blown up. And if it hasnt, that's a miracle and probably only down to some other settings being wrong somewhere. Because if you've that much timing at WOT anywhere on boost...it should have blown up ages ago if the timing/triggers are actually set correctly

As far as fueling goes.....potentially the tps vs rpm table could be very flat because of the MAP compensation, but it rarely will be when tuned correctly.

You have dangerously large lambda correction trims allowed, no safety activated for the lambda controller to turn closed loop off, the lambda target table is a little on the lean side in places. Overboost protection is left very high and possibly not active ( cant recall if turbo control needs to be on for this )

And a Honda Vtec engine with a 7000rpm limit ?

In general, I would not want that map running my lawnmower, nevermind a car engine. Just wrong on so many levels.
jack70

Post by jack70 »

i appreciate all the opinions, also when they are negative.
Is it possible to give me a full manual? the manual i have is a concise version.
my email is turbo6@hotmail.com

I continue to improve the map.

1. the 7000rpm limit is for save, i don't drive the engine higher than 5500rpm, until i understand better the tuning principles. i don't drive full throttle also
2. has anyone a turbo map so i can analyse the timing values, to compare with a NA engine.
I have to correct manually
3. engine isn't blown up, no oil burning, no temperature problems, no other malfunctions

be continued !
welshpug

Post by welshpug »

I dont see any negative comments!

manual is on the DTA website, never seen a 'concise' version.
jack70

Post by jack70 »

Yes, i have a concise version. It's written by Alons Autosport in Holland.
Any manual or study about DTA is welcome.
Boardpaul
Firmware Version: 60

Post by Boardpaul »

The manual is on this page.

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/downloads/
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

TBH...I dont think a manual is what is needed here.

There is no ecu manual here that will fix all the terrible tuning within that map ! The manual will explain or help to operate the ecu, not how to tune an engine
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

An EFI101 course by EFI University was one of the best things I did back when I started tuning. Highly recommend it.

HPA may be useful also, I know of the guy from owning a tuning business here... and no comment. Seems he's picked up a lot from others though and seems happy to share the knowledge for $.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |