Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

Post by Alex DTA »

There's lots of boost related improvements I want to do, but it will be a while.
I hadn't thought about boost based on the analogues, so I'll add that as a request.

Flex fuel is digital, frequency = ethanol content, pulse width = temperature.
rjwooll
Distributor: Lotusbits
Firmware Version: 75

Re: Choke

Post by rjwooll »

gnutz2 wrote:
rjwooll wrote:Given the difficulty of setting up reliable cold starting with the ECU (because it's so difficult to run repeat tests as once the engine starts it starts to get warm) could a manual choke option be introduced? The choke would be connected to a throttle pot and feed into an aux input on the ECU. The position of the throttle pot would control the % overfuelling, with a maximum of say 200% increase (=3 x normal)

Not a major problem for most on here I know, but for those of us running road cars cold winter starts can be difficult and it requires quite a lot of trial and error to set up the cold start table correctly.
Wire up a potentiometer into any of the analogue inputs, set the fuel modifier from 0 to 200% or whatever you want and you have what you describe. You can also set the secondary input to water temp, say 50c and disable the function above that temp.
That sounds like it does just what I need! However I can't find a fuel modifier parameter in the software. Could you point me iun the right direction?

Thanks, Richard
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I'm not sure this will work during cranking but needs the engine running
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

You can set fuel trim based on analogue input, in the input setup window. think only first 3 allow it.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
rjwooll
Distributor: Lotusbits
Firmware Version: 75

Post by rjwooll »

ignitionautosport wrote:You can set fuel trim based on analogue input, in the input setup window. think only first 3 allow it.
OK I've found it in the manual (p68).

I've never come across this feature before - it looks like it will do exactly what I want!

I believe the fuel map is used while cranking (don't think there is anything else that the system can use) so this should work. It's only ignition that uses the tooth position on the crank sensor instead of the map.

Thank you so much!

Richard
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Like I said I'm not sure if these work during cranking, check with Alex.
Alex DTA
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Should do, it's only the Aux out that's off until the engine is running.
I'll test it tomorrow.
Borla

Post by Borla »

Don't know if it has been mentioned before but would it be possible to add a tick box into aux4/5/6 that references to the gear position potentionmeter so that a neutral light could be switched on sequential/motorcycle gearboxes?
Thanks.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

you can set up a neutral light now using one of the aux outputs . just set the pwm to 100% when in the neutral band and 0% outside. you can probably do the same on the 4+ aux. don't have software right now to check.
Borla

Post by Borla »

Ahh yes sorry. I forgot most of the inputs and outputs can have different uses and hence descriptions. I've connected the gear pot to ana3 as the cct drawing shows and that has a tick-box. Thanks for the pointer.

Only draw-back is these outputs are only active with engine running, it would've been useful to have it working with ecu on but engine not running, so neutral could be confirmed before starting engine.