S100; fuel/sparks cylinder trim

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: S100; fuel/sparks cylinder trim

Post by katana »

Methanol thrives on compression so NA needs 14.0+:1, turbo or superchargers with at least a bar of boost on top of regular 10.0:1 CR (which would generally be too high for normal high output forced induction) Its not a fan of NOS though - don't know why! Anyway - Off Topic!
steveslowboy
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: S100; fuel/sparks cylinder trim

Post by steveslowboy »

Rob,
As I understand, a second set of injectors upstream is more necessary for very high revving engines - where gettting time for the atomised fuel to mix with the air is severly restricted. With mine only going up to 11000rpm I'm not sure of the benefits or need. I'll certainly mention it to my builder....

My engine runs a tiny sump and is tilted forward 11 degrees, so oil quantity is minimal and critical (I've gone through many iterations of baffle plates to limit oil surge) - the added complications of contamination with the methanol is one of the reasons I'm not keen.

Running total loss electrics also means I don't have the battery capacity for a big pump and a lambda sensor.

Lots of excuses.....but I do appreciate the potential gains, though I didn't think they could be as much as that on a naturally aspirated engine!