S60 rewrites parameters on her own while running

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
FOXX
ECU Model: S60 Pro

S60 rewrites parameters on her own while running

Post by FOXX »

Hi guys I'm from Italy and I'm running a S60 on a 250cc prototype bike that races in the Motostudent competition (Against a lot of Engineering universities around the world).
When we run the bike on dyno or track tests, sometimes begin to run very bad. When I open the maps, I see that some parameters has changed automatically! For example the tps columns on fuel map are all "0" or the RPM rows are strange numbers for example "4962" instead of "4500".
I refresh the old map and all turns ok.

Is there someone with the same issue?

I checked all the grounds and are ok, also Battery voltage is always 14volts.
What can cause this? Vibrations? Heat?
For sure for the next prototype I will send to Alex the ecu to check that everything is ok, we will move the ecu in a different place on the bike and pay a lot of attention for heat and vibration (like we did this year.....).

Thank you for reply
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: S60 rewrites parameters on her own while running

Post by Alex DTA »

What's the serial number of the ECU?

Heat and vibration are not the problem.

This can be caused by a few things, but mostly bad grounds. There's another long thread on here that turned out to be the ignition coil. That could have been the coil feeding back through a bad earth.

Make sure the sensor grounds all go back to the ECU. None of them must go to the chassis.
Also double check the power ground and sensor ground wires haven't been mixed up.
FOXX
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by FOXX »

Alex DTA wrote:What's the serial number of the ECU?

Heat and vibration are not the problem.

This can be caused by a few things, but mostly bad grounds. There's another long thread on here that turned out to be the ignition coil. That could have been the coil feeding back through a bad earth.

Make sure the sensor grounds all go back to the ECU. None of them must go to the chassis.
Also double check the power ground and sensor ground wires haven't been mixed up.
Perfect I will check all, thank you.
Can you link the "long thread"?

p.s.(my friend's ktm 690 enduro runs perfect with S40i and had done a lot of km also across Romania this summer! I'm so happy)
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »