Injector dead times

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Cpur
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Injector dead times

Post by Cpur »

Hi guys,

Playing around with dead times, The measurement tool is a great idea, it also measures the injector times on the engine, in the ambient temp and voltage and pressures it is going to be in during real driving. not only on a work bench, with everything according to the book.

However, i managed to get 0.95 dead times on my ev14 injectors, seems right , lambda flactuates between the 2-4 stroke and back, but just for a second. From 12 goes to 11.9 and back to 12 for the remaining 4 seconds.

Now i got this reading at 13.5v . so this should be inputed in the compensation window at 13.5v ? and the rest worked on a variable power supply. Then the GENERAL ENG SETTING be left at 0?

Or should i put that value in G.E.S. and a zero on 13.5v at compensation ?

Also if so , the compensation times will be added to the value in G.E.S.?

Thanks and regards
cpur
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Injector dead times

Post by Rob Stevens »

One overrides the other, if you select the voltage table, the setting in GES is disregarded.
I think you could fill in the complete table if you ran the car from a bench power supply and disconnected the alternator. Depends on the likelihood of you running weak due to a failed alternator on track or something how bothered you are. I don't have a bench power supply to try my idea but I think that it could work just fine.
I also found my injectors at about 0.85ms not the normal 0.7 most people seem to use.
Last edited by Rob Stevens on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

I would also do the low voltages for cranking. Mine are way off (as I've not done mine yet), and the car doesn't like starting.
Cpur

Post by Cpur »

I will try that on the power supply, even for cranking . I think i will even fill up the coil charge time on the voltage compensation .
I am using the K20 denso cop, seems firing ok at 1000ms, but probably will have to go higher when i start loading up boost. At present i am still N.A.
Alex after setting my cam sensor i switched to sequential , the scope showed 33rd tooth, so i set to 330 and it worked fine.
So next will be the battery compensations and fitting of wheel sensors and gear indicator.
Cheers guys
In January it is booked for dyno, just after returning from Nec Birmingam.