Flashing DTA S-Series

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Flashing DTA S-Series

Post by mefmotorsport »

You’re not alone, I’ve tried several pc’s with various versions of Windows but the only one that I can reflash with is an old hp laptop that uses Windows XP and even that sometimes gives me problems for no known reason.
dholliman
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 71.00

Post by dholliman »

Many thanks for the reply mefmotorsport. I dug out an old XP laptop and after a few tries is worked, this was after holding the flash button for more than 1 second, I waited for around 8 seconds. Anyway all updated. That laptop was still using the USB converter.
iceman_n
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Post by iceman_n »

i get this when i open the flash tool...i just open it at home without ecu connected if means something
Attachments
dta.jpg
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

You must have the ecu powered up in the reflash mode then open the reflash tool, sometimes it takes 100’s of attempts to get the monitor to load.....good luck!
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

You must have the ECU powered up and in reflash mode...
Bigboss
Firmware Version: 89.00

Post by Bigboss »

Hi
I'm a bit confused. I'm preparing to uppgrade my S80 firmware.
Instruction say you will need:
• ST10 Flasher Software. This I understand.
• DTA Swin Software. What is the need of this software and what do I do with this? And when I download this I don't find "Set up EXE" in Disk1 that I read somewhere that I should find.

I'm working with two hp lap tops.
One have Windows10 and a serial port.
The other one have Windows7 and no serial port. (use usb to serial adapter)

Any tips?
/Björn
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Bigboss wrote:Hi
I'm a bit confused. I'm preparing to uppgrade my S80 firmware.
Instruction say you will need:
• ST10 Flasher Software. This I understand.
• DTA Swin Software. What is the need of this software and what do I do with this? And when I download this I don't find "Set up EXE" in Disk1 that I read somewhere that I should find.

I'm working with two hp lap tops.
One have Windows10 and a serial port.
The other one have Windows7 and no serial port. (use usb to serial adapter)

Any tips?
/Björn
Read the manual.

https://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_file ... Manual.pdf

DTASwin is for ecu calibration/tuning. It is nothing to do with flashing of new firmware.

If you have a serial port, this will make life easier all round as USB adapters tend to be difficult.

Although I must say....finding a W10 laptop these days with a serial port, is pretty rare.
Bigboss
Firmware Version: 89.00

Post by Bigboss »

Thanks for your replay.

I was confused after reading this manual: https://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_file ... TA%20S.pdf
The part that describes witch softwares needed does not make sense to me. I thougt I needed two softwares after reading this.

• ST10 Flasher Software
DTASWin For S Series ECUs
DTASWin v80.07

• DTA Swin Software
S Series ECU Flash Program
S Series ECU Firmware Upgrade Software

Finally I managed to download and extract "S Series ECU Flash Program", just to find out that it was the same program as ST10 Flasher Software.

So even now after I upgraded firmware successfully I think the instructions are very confusing, but at least I made it.

I first tried with the usb-serial adapter to se if it could work, but no luck. I changed computer and used serial port and it worked.

Well, both computers are from around 2000-2005 I think and have been upgraded a couple of times.
I use the W10 with serial port at home because the W7 computer locks itself and sounds like a machine gun when opening a youtube video, but it works with DTA in the car. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the usb-serial adapter because of this.

Happy easter!
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

It just seems to explain how to use DTA SWin to view the current firmware, and to verify you have comms ok with the laptop

And likewise after any flashing to confirm that it has all worked ok.
mefmotorsport

Post by mefmotorsport »

"So even now after I upgraded firmware successfully I think the instructions are very confusing, but at least I made it."

You're very lucky to have managed to do it since the ST10 Flasher software is very "flakey" and sometimes takes 100's of attempts to work! The problem seems to be getting the monitor to load, it usually says "monitor failed to load".

I have a 10 year old laptop with Windows XP that I find is the most successful for re-flashing ecu's. I've tried several other machines with little success. I do find that for some unknown reason that S40's reflash more easily than S60 upwards!