It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:24 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Berkshire
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01
Hi i have bought a S80pro to be fitted to a vauxhall 2.5 v6 it has a firing order of 1-2-3-4-5-6 instead od 1-3-6-2-5-4 i think questions what are the cylinder positions? how do i wire the injectors? individually? and what ign outputs to use


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Norn Iron
ECU Model: No ECU
http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... iagram.pdf

http://www.dtafast.co.uk/download_files ... Manual.pdf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Berkshire
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01
Hi thanks for a reply but that is the generic diagram with no actual mention of the (odfire) type engine looks like i will just have to try it and see


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Norn Iron
ECU Model: No ECU
It isnt a generic diagram. It's a diagram for that ecu, it is very specific, regardless of engine.

Unless you wire it incorrectly and not in firing order as is clearly stated, it would be hard to go wrong.

If the engine also fires at unequal angles within the 720 cycle ( which it probably doesnt ) then you would address that in the software

However.....for an engine to actually have a firing order of 1-2-3-4-5-6......I would be extremely sceptical of that. Because that would truly be odd.

Although just googled....how weird !!

Do they actually identify cylinders as they normally would on a Vee engine ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am
Posts: 867
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Looking at pictures for this engine it looks to be an even fire engine yet with a v angle of 54deg. Therefore can be run in wasted spark/batch mode. However you have s80 so you can run it sequentially so why not. As for finding the firing order perhaps just work it out by seeing which cylinder is next on compression, probably not so easy with the plug down a hole, but not imposable with a bit of tube screwed in the plug hole and feel with your finger over the end as you rotate the engine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Berkshire
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01
stevieturbo wrote:
It isnt a generic diagram. It's a diagram for that ecu, it is very specific, regardless of engine.

Unless you wire it incorrectly and not in firing order as is clearly stated, it would be hard to go wrong.

If the engine also fires at unequal angles within the 720 cycle ( which it probably doesnt ) then you would address that in the software

However.....for an engine to actually have a firing order of 1-2-3-4-5-6......I would be extremely sceptical of that. Because that would truly be odd.

Although just googled....how weird !!

Do they actually identify cylinders as they normally would on a Vee engine ?


i have just looked at the coil and the engine where the leads are located cylinder 1-3-5 on one side 2-4-6 the other but on the wasted spark coil 1&4 share a coil 3&6 and 2&5 which makes no sense to me! i have never done a stand alone on a 6 cylinder


Last edited by Andy-reid on Tue May 29, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:13 am
Posts: 116
Location: Sweden
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 66
Dont know if its any help, but the stock engine management has sequential fuel injection and wasted spark.
There is a cam sensor on one of the camshafts.

If its from a rearwheel drive Omega/Carlton it should have the cylinders numbered on one of the plastic valvecovers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:08 pm
Posts: 2907
Location: Norn Iron
ECU Model: No ECU
Andy-reid wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:
It isnt a generic diagram. It's a diagram for that ecu, it is very specific, regardless of engine.

Unless you wire it incorrectly and not in firing order as is clearly stated, it would be hard to go wrong.

If the engine also fires at unequal angles within the 720 cycle ( which it probably doesnt ) then you would address that in the software

However.....for an engine to actually have a firing order of 1-2-3-4-5-6......I would be extremely sceptical of that. Because that would truly be odd.

Although just googled....how weird !!

Do they actually identify cylinders as they normally would on a Vee engine ?


i have just looked at the coil and the engine where the leads are located cylinder 1-3-5 on one side 2-4-6 the other but on the wasted spark coil 1&3 share a coil 4&6 and 2&5 which makes no sense to me! i have never done a stand alone on a 6 cylinder


You say wasted spark.....But you see 3 coils ? 6 leads ?

How many wires going to each coil pack ? It could still be spark per cylinder as opposed to wasted spark. Because what you're describing above doesnt make sense for a wasted spark setup.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Posts: 23
Location: Berkshire
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01
stevieturbo wrote:
Andy-reid wrote:
stevieturbo wrote:
It isnt a generic diagram. It's a diagram for that ecu, it is very specific, regardless of engine.

Unless you wire it incorrectly and not in firing order as is clearly stated, it would be hard to go wrong.

If the engine also fires at unequal angles within the 720 cycle ( which it probably doesnt ) then you would address that in the software

However.....for an engine to actually have a firing order of 1-2-3-4-5-6......I would be extremely sceptical of that. Because that would truly be odd.

Although just googled....how weird !!

Do they actually identify cylinders as they normally would on a Vee engine ?


i have just looked at the coil and the engine where the leads are located cylinder 1-3-5 on one side 2-4-6 the other but on the wasted spark coil 1&3 share a coil 4&6 and 2&5 which makes no sense to me! i have never done a stand alone on a 6 cylinder


You say wasted spark.....But you see 3 coils ? 6 leads ?

How many wires going to each coil pack ? It could still be spark per cylinder as opposed to wasted spark. Because what you're describing above doesnt make sense for a wasted spark setup.


there are 4 wires to 3 twin coils i know you can get coil modules with 3 in each one for each bank that screw directly on top of the cam cover! so that would be sequential as it does have and needs the cam sensor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vauxhall X25XE
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 am
Posts: 867
ECU Model: S100 Pro
So if you have those coils you need to use the first 3 coil drivers from the ecu, that's no1 to 1&3 no2 to 4&6 and no3 to 2&5 and it will run as wasted spark


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Theme designed by stylerbb.net © 2008
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
All times are UTC - 5 hours