Injection angle bug?

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Injection angle bug?

Post by Rob Stevens »

Great feature being able to swing the injection angle from the knobs box when in dyno mode.
However if you are using the 20x14 table for injection angle the feature doesn't work, it looks like it is from the live adjustment screen but it's not doing anything.

Soon as you disable the angle map it works properly again. Not the end of the world but a bit annoying when it looks like its working but the engine doesn't see any change.

SW could perhaps flash up a warning if you try and select left knob for angle with 20x14 active?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Injection angle bug?

Post by Alex DTA »

Yup, that's a known bug.
The angle is being altered on the ECU, so you can find the correct point, but it doesn't record it in the software.
I know how to fix it, and will do it in the new software shortly (currently on some firmware updates). then in the old software as well, which will take a bit longer to do.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Alex, no that's not quite correct, if using the 20x14 the ecu does not move the injection point under control of the knob. If the 20x14 is disabled it does work. Agreed that the selected point is not recorded in either case.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

OK, I'll check that.
Either way, I'll fix it in the new software ASAP. I'm aiming to have a decent firmware update in the next couple of weeks.