Vauxhall X25XE

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Andy-reid
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

Vauxhall X25XE

Post by Andy-reid »

wiring up the Vauxhall X25XE omega v6 engine I have binned off the wasted spark coil pack and machined the cam covers to accept the 2.6 / 3.2 later type triple coil packs so i can run sequential ignition and injection Question is as this engine is an odd fireand has a firing order of 1-2-3-4-5-6 they are banked 1-3-5 & 2-4-6
do i put the wiring as per cylinder 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4 5-5 6-6 same for injectors and coils? hope to try starting the engine on the bench
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Vauxhall X25XE

Post by stevieturbo »

From previous posts, there was no real indication the original car used wasted spark ? Just that it had 3 x 2 output coils ?

And as per instructions, wire in firing order.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

doing the loom ! the cylinders seem to be number 1 from the flywheel 1-3-5 and same 2 from flywheel 2-4-6 ? seems also the camshaft sensor is a 12v hall effect? anyone confirm that a 12v hall sender will run happily on a 5v sensor supply?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

If it was 12v originally, then it makes sense to re-wire it as that again.

Most of them arent overly fussy about input voltage though, but only way to know is to test.

As for which is no1...usually no1 would be at the front of the engine, whichever is furthest front. It would be unusual to number from the flywheel end.

If unsure can you get a visual on the valvetrain ? That would at least let you confirm which order they operate in
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

via google...a little download of same engine family

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lzzmyzymm ... Course.pdf
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

i did a little bit testing with the coil packs using what i found on line giving the coil pack a 12v and ground and pulsing each of the trigger wires it seems 1) the id numbers on top of the coil are in the correct order and number 1 is flywheel end?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

It's possible...but very unusual.

The workshop manual I gave you the link to says it's stamped somewhere on the top of the engine the cylinder ID.
It does also indicate in the X25 section it's coil outputs may be different than others, but they seem to be numbered.

Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

:oops: found it! lol yes 1-3-5 from cam belt also the coil packs can go in the opposite way round that puts the locations correct but the 135 are upside down but the 246 are correct i have done part of the wiring and calibrated throttle pot and coolant sender added an extra 12v for the cam sensor as it suposed to have 12v but puts out a 5v pattern coils and injectors next as i am fitting it in amongst a very busy workshop schedule with customers etc

stevieturbo wrote:It's possible...but very unusual.

The workshop manual I gave you the link to says it's stamped somewhere on the top of the engine the cylinder ID.
It does also indicate in the X25 section it's coil outputs may be different than others, but they seem to be numbered.

Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

all wired up but i dont have a spark! these are amplified coils i presume as they have 12v earth and 3 triggers each bank when cranking i have an rpm signal i changes the settings to coil per plug what next? quick call to alex today i think! ;)