Vauxhall X25XE

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Vauxhall X25XE

Post by Alex DTA »

First use the test function to check the coils fire regardless of map/signals to remove any doubts over wiring.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

3 wire coils do not mean amplified, they're the most vague ones as they really can be either.

But as Alex says, do a coil test first to see if any sparks are available, and only run it briefly so no risk of burning anything out.

Ideally stick a current clamp and scope on the trigger wire to see if it is pulling any significant current. If it is then they're inductive coils, not internal amplified.
Andy-reid
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA Direct
Firmware Version: 73.01

Post by Andy-reid »

turns out i didnt have a cam signal! using auto data and haynes the wiring is the wrong way or i interpreted it wrong swooped the live & earth around got a signal then we had sparks from the amplified coil packs just need to put the settings in off the oscilloscope ;)
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Good work.
The map I sent you should have the correct crank and cam angles already entered.
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

right! assuming the base map timing is correct that alex did for me and i have wired the coils up in the order they are supposed to be and we know this is an oddfire engine i think possibly the firing order is incorrect? as it will not start fires on a few cylinders and coughs the rest
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

As said...if in any doubt open the cam covers and look to see the firing order.

or pull the plugs and stick a finger over cyl1 til it's on compression to TDC....then stick your finger where you think cyl 2 is....and continue rotating etc etc etc
Obviously with slow and partial turns it may not build as much compression as it would otherwise, but it should be enough to confirm firing order But a visual on the valve gear might be easier.

And no assumptions with timing....stick a timing light on it and confirm. You could do that at cranking speed with light on cyl 1
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

i will check with timing light when its running to confirm but cylinders 135 from cam belt on o/s bank 246 on n/s bank from belt firing order is 123456 will i need to swop the wiring about or is it doable in the software? this is the reason i had to go for the s80 not the s60 what firing order does the ecu fire the sequence?
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

ECU firing order is fixed, you'll need to do it with the wiring.
I'll ask someone I know who has done one of these already what firing order he used.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Wire as per firing order, it really should be difficult to get it wrong.

With sequential sparks, and assuming base map is correct then you should be able to get a decent reference with a timing light on cyl 1 anyway.
Andy-reid

Post by Andy-reid »

thanks to alex i know where i went wrong! lol i printed a diagram off in black and white! no green in sight! so the info about fire order for cylinders 1342 didnt mean anything unless you had already done one and was watching out for it! 3 coil and 3 injector wires to swop over!