NT-Dash fuel level settings

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
pule333
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: EFI Parts

NT-Dash fuel level settings

Post by pule333 »

Hi Guys. i am having an issue with my fuel level on the NT-DASH. basicaly its reversed. when full it shows empty. my oem sender unit is reading 320ohm when empty and 12 ohm when full. is there a way to reverse that? its a 2 wire sender (renault clio 172) wired to ANA1 with 1kohm pull up resistor (to 5v from dash)

also voltage reading is 1739 mv when empty and 100mv when full

thank you.
Attachments
when full
when full
when empty
when empty
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Re: NT-Dash fuel level settings

Post by katana »

Reverse the connections? One side is earthed so resistance is measured to / from earth.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I don't have a dash but does it not display whatever you write in the ANA 1 settings 'ANA1 Value column' ?
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

To reverse it you could put a pull-down to 0V, and have 5V and Signal to the unit seeing as it appears to be insulated plastic.
It feels hacky to me as I'd prefer it wired how you have it, and then set it up in software - but if it works.... then why not :)
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
pule333

Post by pule333 »

ignitionautosport wrote:To reverse it you could put a pull-down to 0V, and have 5V and Signal to the unit seeing as it appears to be insulated plastic.
It feels hacky to me as I'd prefer it wired how you have it, and then set it up in software - but if it works.... then why not :)
hi. thjank you for your comment! i didnt even think about a pull down resistor to be honest... this might actualy work.
i have Tried absolutly everything in the setting.. nothing seems to be working. it still going down when you adding fuel and vice versa.
Attachments
this is how i have it at the moment
this is how i have it at the moment
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

I think this will do it
Attachments
fuel.png
fuel.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 10645 times
pule333

Post by pule333 »

Thanks Rob. this might have done it!!!! wired it the way you suggested and its showing correct way up. tried adding more and it went up. still not sure how accurate or how low it will go. but looks like its working!
thank you
pule333

Post by pule333 »

ok so it did not solve the problem completely. even tho it shows correct way up, scaling is wrong. run out of petrol yesterday on a test drive still showing 80. filled up to the brim and it went up to 98. so the realistically usable scale is only 80-98. how can i rescale it so first 80 is eliminated and it shows 0 at empty and 100 at full. ( although would prefer to have 50 at full as thats the size of the tank.)
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Is there no way of calibrating the display in the dash software? I'm guessing that its displaying % of full?
pule333

Post by pule333 »

there is i am sure i just dont know where... Yet