Traction control switches.

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
Gadgetman
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Traction control switches.

Post by Gadgetman »

Sorry for throwing all the questions out! Am just in the midst of building the loom and getting connectors, switches etc, prior to installing on the car.

I’ve sort of assumed the traction on/off and wet/dry switches need to be latching types rather than momentary?

Thus if the “standard” switch positions are traction on and dry, that’s what it’s going to be set to when it’s powered up, until you flick the switches over into the other positions.

I know the launch set up uses the shift light as an indicator light, but I’m presuming there’s no visual indication of the traction settings other than switch position?

On the launch control side, I guess that is just a momentary contact switch to put it in launch mode?

(I have the rotary switches already).

Once again, many thanks for the help!
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Traction control switches.

Post by Rob Stevens »

I’ve sort of assumed the traction on/off and wet/dry switches need to be latching types rather than momentary? - Yes

Thus if the “standard” switch positions are traction on and dry, that’s what it’s going to be set to when it’s powered up, until you flick the switches over into the other positions. - They will instantly be whatever they were last/are set as

I know the launch set up uses the shift light as an indicator light, but I’m presuming there’s no visual indication of the traction settings other than switch position? - Correct, I don't like the flashing light so have this disabled, I just verify it's active on the start line by giving it full throttle, with the flashing you can't see the change light come on.

On the launch control side, I guess that is just a momentary contact switch to put it in launch mode? - Yes correct, push the switch again to turn off. don't hold the switch for more than a few seconds as then it cycles on/off/on/off
Gadgetman
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: Traction control switches.

Post by Gadgetman »

Thanks Rob.

I’ve got shift lights built into my AiM dash already, so was going to include a small led just as a tell tale, will simply move the shift light setting out of range so it never triggers in that mode. (Or at least, that was the plan!)