Alpine A310 - 2.0L with Jenvey ITB

Document your project with images, pictures, etc., and share with others.
LoicBoods
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 75.01

Alpine A310 - 2.0L with Jenvey ITB

Post by LoicBoods »

Hello everybody,

I am new to this website but also to the standalone ECU world.
I will try to explain the project as much as posible. So put your seatbelt on, and stay with me !

So, the engine is originaly a 1.6L installed in a Alpine A310. (pictures to come next month)
My friend, has used some of his magic to transform it into an almost 2.1L.
He was given a S60PRO ECU as well as a Jenvey ITB kit and a wideband lambda sensor.

The problem is : he doesn't know a lot about ECU, so I offered to help him.

Here I am, with a S60PRO and an engine I still haven't seen and I need to make it run.
That is for me a very exciting challenge considering that I am an engine engineer.

My idea was :
  • use Clio 172 ignition coils and injectors as we are aiming for the same power output
  • use Clio 172 base map as a starter and modify the values from there
  • I also already bought the folloling sensors :
    • Bosch 0 261 230 340 Temperature and Pressure Combined sensor for Oil and Fuel circuits
    • Bosch 0 280 130 039 Temperature sensor for Coolant Temperature
    • Bosch 0 281 002 634 Camshaft position sensor (hall effect)
    • Bosch 0 261 230 549 Temperature sensor for Intake air
    • Bosch 0 280 122 001 TPS
    • Bosch 0 261 210 139 Crankshaft position sensor (hall effect)
    • Bosch 0 280 130 026 Temperature snesor for intake air (backup sensor)
Regarding the relays and fuses I will use the same used on a Clio 172 (already got the specs from Renault app).
So I think that regarding the hardware I have everything I need.
(pullup/pulldown resistances will be determined a bit later on)

Now the question is : how do I calibrate this engine ?!?
Here is my action plan :
  • Instal all the sensors on the engine and make sure temperature and pressure sensors read correctly
  • Measure cranshaft position sensor relative to TDC, enter the parameters in DTA, make sure it reads correctly
  • Install intake pressure sensor (link all intake runners) and pull the car with different engine speed/load to get a correspondance between throttle position and intake pressure
  • Measure injectors deadtime and use Excel sheet to determine fuel quantity using previously measured intake pressue
  • Set basic ignition timing
I still need to go through the different topics on this forum to ensure that I am going to the right direction.

I will try to get some pictures of the car and the engine as soon as I can.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Alpine A310 - 2.0L with Jenvey ITB

Post by stevieturbo »

As always, the starting point is read the manual.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: Alpine A310 - 2.0L with Jenvey ITB

Post by Rob Stevens »

Looks like you have all the bases covered
I would mention that if a race engine just use TPS vs RPM but if a road car use TPS vs RPM with Map corrections, there is an example in the software of a Zetec with Map corrections that should get you running once you have sorted out the crank and cam signals, I use sequential on my road car and I think it allows a bit of fuel saving and the engine is a bit sharper, but for a race car I wouldn't bother unless you have your own dyno to spend hours trying to find 1/2 bhp.

DTA has a handy dead time measuring tool built in, but you would really need to run the engine from a bench power supply to really map all the dead time voltages