inovate ls1 and s80 ecu

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Re: inovate ls1 and s80 ecu

Post by katana »

The Innovate instructions for the LC1 are quite good,, the button and LED are used to set the device up and for calibrating the sensor. DTA doesn't do much in regard Lambda sensor control - just takes signal and processes it. I've got an LC1 fitted and will rely on the included look-up table until the mapping is more developed by someone who knows what they are doing!
ben240z
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ben240z »

katana wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:37 am The Innovate instructions for the LC1 are quite good,, the button and LED are used to set the device up and for calibrating the sensor. DTA doesn't do much in regard Lambda sensor control - just takes signal and processes it. I've got an LC1 fitted and will rely on the included look-up table until the mapping is more developed by someone who knows what they are doing!
Due to the LC1 i had being defective I now have a LC2 installed.

Being a village idiot the instructions on programming are still not clear to me

cheers Ben
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

ben240z wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:32 am Hi Steve, the LC1 appears to have a fault as it would not self calibrate so have now installed an lC2, do I need to do the same test and verify as above? If so then can you elaborate on the
Program the LC1 to flatline say 1v. See what this reads as on the DTA
Program the LC1 to flatline say 2v.....you get the picture.
Do this to 5v. ( I'd also start at 0.1 or 0.2v, but just used 1 as less confusing )

IE in laymans terms what do you mean by program the lc2 to flatline?

When running the engine with the lc2 installed the logworks software is showing a reading in either lambda or afr but at the moment I cant get the dta to register anything so that is separate issue as I know the unit is working.

Sorry to be the village idiot but someone has to

Thanks Ben
Both outputs on the LC are user configurable so you can have the 0-5v range refer to any AFR range you want.

By program a flatline, it means simply instead of a linear output....you program both ends for say 1.0v. So regardless of AFR seen, it will always output what it believes to be 1.0v on the analogue output you intend to use.

then on the DTA, hopefully you would also see 1.0v on the relevant input. Likewise for say all test voltages.

From these tests, you can then build your own voltage/AFR calibration you know to be correct on the receiving end.

Whether the LC2 is any more reliable than the LC-1 in the voltage offset respect...I do not know, I've never used an LC-2. I stopped using Innovate years ago.

Are you seeing even a raw voltage on the DTA on the lambda input ? ie. is it wired correctly ?

And I think the Innovate can be programmed to output a specific voltage when in a fault mode....pretty sure last time I did use one with a DTA. I kept this voltage outside of the normal AFR/voltage scaling I was using so I knew if it displayed a certain value on the DTA, it was in fault.
But it's all a longgg time ago.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Try checking the innovate is actually outputting a voltage as suggested by stevie and that the dta and innovate share the same ground