Pops and bangs/2step/lanchcontrol

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Kramer
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Alons autosport

Pops and bangs/2step/lanchcontrol

Post by Kramer »

Hello im new here and with dta. My engine is running fine, its an Mercedes 2,5-16v. But i have some questions about the launch-control. Its working fine and functional but i want some pops an bangs/2step when its active. Who can help or explain how i get big bangs and fire :D , when im om full throttle and launch is activated.

Kramer.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Pops and bangs/2step/lanchcontrol

Post by stevieturbo »

spark cuts make more noises than fuel cuts.

Retarded timing in there too.

However on a normally aspirated car ? not really sure it's going to have a huge effect ?
Kramer
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Alons autosport

Post by Kramer »

No its an fully build engine. i was trying something with the launch control settings but don’t receive what i want. I want to get a 2step kind of launch.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

And what is your description of a 2 step based on ?

For most Americans, it's usually simply a lower rev limit. Which really is all you'll ever get on a normally aspirated car anyway

You will not get the same effect you will hear or see on turbocharged cars.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

stevieturbo wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:44 pm And what is your description of a 2 step based on ?

For most Americans, it's usually simply a lower rev limit. Which really is all you'll ever get on a normally aspirated car anyway

You will not get the same effect you will hear or see on turbocharged cars.
I would disagree with your last sentence as 'pops and bangs' are entirely possible on a NA engine. I don't know how it can be achieved with DTA - my experience is with self contained ignition / nitrous controller boxes that also functioned as launch control devices on ProMod race bikes. As the bike used a sophisticated 'twist and go' type clutch, launch rpm had to be controlled, to under engagement speed, then 2 step button was pressed and held, at that point throttles were opened wide and engine would stutter (hence the term stutter box) at its set rpm and once the button was released you got WOT and required ign timing for max power. I'm fairly sure the control was via ign. retard as the unburnt fuel (bike using carbs BTW) was deffo burning in the pipe / megaphone right to the opening - horrendous racket but very neccessary for consistant launches!