Using S60 without injectors

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Using S60 without injectors

Post by katana »

May sound strange but I'd like to know - am I likely to damage anything in the ECU if I run it without injectors connected ie. Ignition only use but still datalogging with wideband input? As far as I can see, there is no 'facility' to 'turn off' anything electrically, except either by disconnection or maybe setting entire fuel table numbers to zero's . . . . . is that a practical, possible or recommended solution?
Reasoning behind request is that I cannot find anyone local to tune the maps, I can't drive the car as it has no MOT (off the road for 10 yrs) and trailers / hiring a flatbed myself / 3rd party transport is going to be thick end of £750 (price gouging south east England!) so i'm willing to fit some carbs and use DTA for 3D Ignition, Logging etc and be able to drive to MOT and then drive to a mapper / rolling road to complete the task.
I have had the car up for sale for last 6 months but the same comment comes back - "if only it was all working !" :lol:
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Using S60 without injectors

Post by stevieturbo »

I would see no problem at all with this.

And for anyone wanting to go injection later, makes perfect sense to use a full ecu

No need to zero or do anything
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

No need to do anything, just disconnect the injectors.
katana
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Thanks guys - good to have two independent confirmations.