Auto tune

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Auto tune

Post by VR6Turbo »

OK, so I tried the P-108, I-11, D-0 @ 12hz, +/- 20% adjustment last night and this morning into work and it worked great. My base map is reasonably OK, but this revised loop brought the lambda targets into line quickly with minimal overshoot.

I could feel the results almost immediately. Part throttle is a LOT smoother. I'll leave it a couple of weeks for the FC map to build up some results and then take it from there.

Previously I was using P-500, I-50, D-0 @ 3hz and anything more than +/- 10% used to cause wild AFR fluctuations, especially holding it on part throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Good schooling guys!
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Post by 86sixsix »

ignitionautosport wrote:look it up on Wikipedia if you want to blow your mind to tiny pieces.
^^^tiny pieces love it :lol: *understatement*

we need to set up some sort of charitable foundation to help us all suffering mental difficulties after *rsing about with these honey nut fruit loops.

i'm forever twitching and rocking back and forth in dark rooms muttering about integers and gain overshoots. maybe this is just me :lol:
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

VR6Turbo wrote:OK, so I tried the P-108, I-11, D-0 @ 12hz, +/- 20% adjustment last night and this morning into work and it worked great. My base map is reasonably OK, but this revised loop brought the lambda targets into line quickly with minimal overshoot.

I could feel the results almost immediately. Part throttle is a LOT smoother. I'll leave it a couple of weeks for the FC map to build up some results and then take it from there.

Previously I was using P-500, I-50, D-0 @ 3hz and anything more than +/- 10% used to cause wild AFR fluctuations, especially holding it on part throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Good schooling guys!
so what you are saying is... i was right all along over the past 24 months? :lol: the force is getting stronger in the vee dub for sure, young skywalker...

small and fast for the win. every time. just look at me hahaha

edit: no, the force is not strong. no jedi powers here at all. *SMALL*. you say you've a pretty good fuel map and are running 20% swings... come on dude...
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

I just gave it 20% authority just in case, but so far the most it's removed is 12%, which is on the very low throttle openings at motorway speeds, and even then it's because I changed the AFR from 14.7 to 16 :D

But yeah, you were right and when it's finished it'll have more power than the Emperor himself and no more than 2% adjustment!
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

sweet. 0 reduction and 10 up, me. for when i can't find a v-power pump or run out of sunoco lol
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

Sort of confused what to do with the idle PID since max is 100
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
Simon P.
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Post by Simon P. »

Jon,
Try P=100, I=11, D=0. On the simulator this gives a slightly faster response on full scale changes as P=100, I=10.5, D=0 which gives better results on smaller changes.
Let us know how it goes, I was planning on trying these figures today but something else came up. I'm also going to follow VR6Turbo's advice and choose one or 2 PWM values rather than the increasing rows that I have. I just rans out of time today and can only mess with my car on Saturdays right now :( .
Jon K
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Post by Jon K »

Coincidentally I did try 100, 11, 0 - seems to work. Just need to get the DC table better setup.
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
The Zedhed
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by The Zedhed »

Phew just been reading ALL this thread :shock:

Kutle: Alan offered him a full refund (around August time last year) it would of saved me a whole loada reading if only he'd taken it :mrgreen: