p8 pro on sbc

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: p8 pro on sbc

Post by stevieturbo »

So you cannot adjust that setting so the timing flashes zero ?

As Rob I think mentioned. You could perhaps do a sneaky one and turn cyl 8 into the first cylinder to fire. This may then place the missing tooth in a more usable position.

Where does the edge fall in relation to No8 TDC ?

At end of day, ecu doesnt care which cylinder is which, as long as the order is correct for the engine to run. Just some ecu settings and pin swapping, HT lead changes.

Although IMO sorting the crank trigger would be easiest.

But even at 9deg BTDC firing, the engine should start easily.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

I thought further about fudging it but it won't work. If the sensor had been fitted around 110deg you could have done it.

Don't pull the engine out just yet.

Double check the transition from cranking rpm setting. If you made this very high like 4000 the engine should run on the 9deg you have, also I've checked the manual and it says the crank trigger can be 80deg btdc not 70.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

I think he says the software wont allow him to enter 80.
jpr.racing07
ECU Model: P8 Pro

Post by jpr.racing07 »

That's correct Steve it says max 70 in the ECU , that's where I went wrong it says you can set 80 as max in the manual which I did before I fitted the motor . But have been making up new brackets for the trigger and I have been able to get it to zero at tdc and that's with The timing light but still need to put it back together to dry a start up . Jeremy
jpr.racing07

Post by jpr.racing07 »

Good morning all ofyou will be pleased to here I have the motor running ,and even have video footage which I will try to up load ,( ha another week of asking for help) but thank you to everyone who replied with help it was all down to crank sensor been at 79 instead of 70 hard to believe but it starts every time now with no problem. Thank you Jeremy. Ps don't worry I will be back well there's the launch and traction to sort :lol:
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Good stuff !
jpr.racing07

Post by jpr.racing07 »

HI all i am back again , with problems (sorry) i have been borrowing a mates laptop to set up my ecu, but now have the right leads but still no joy i have windows 7 . when i first switched ecu on it came up with port error 8002 , so changed ports in ecu and laptop to match , it now see's ecu but won't connect and comes up with port in use , so changed com ports in ecu and laptop but then it does'nt see ecu . any ideas Jeremy

for any one who may be interested first test day of gould
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Try running windows 7 in XP compatibility mode, you have to go in as an administrator to do this I think, often needs this to run old programs like DTAWIN