Help needed on ignition problem

Give input on tuning as well as any tips and tricks you may have. Also feel free to share base mapping files for various engine types.
Releeuw45
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 63

Re: Help needed on ignition problem

Post by Releeuw45 »

Problem solved.

After getting good advice from Rick at Zomer motorsport I changed the faulty coils and the ignition setting to Twin Spark instead of "Coil on Plug".
This is running the engine in wasted spark batch mode until I have a "clean" enough CAM signal to put it to full sequential.

And I was always thinking Twin Spark was for engines with 2 spark plugs per cilinder......until I read this in the latest manual ; >>This ability to run twin spark mode can be very useful for an engine which has individual coils but no cam sensor. Wire the coils as you would for running them with a cam sensor fitted and select twin spark on.<<

Ahhh....
Releeuw45
GSXR 1000 DTA S60 Track addict
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Help needed on ignition problem

Post by stevieturbo »

Yup, just use a zero offset. Ive been running mine like that for the past...errr..10-11 years lol

It's primary use was for rotary engines where there is a leading and trailing spark. But it can also be used so each coil has a dedicated driver on a COP, albeit in wasted spark style.