loading a map

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Ben C
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: mef motorsport

loading a map

Post by Ben C »

hi there newbie alert
ive been sent a base map for my s40 ecu, can some one give me a guide on how to load it into the software so i can load it on to the ecu, i cant seem to work it out.
many thanks for any replys
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: loading a map

Post by stevieturbo »

It is pretty straightforward.

Have you actually managed to get a laptop connected to the ecu yet ? If you're online with the ecu, then it's just a case of selecting the file you want to load, and doing it really.
Ben C

Post by Ben C »

no not yet i was just trying to get it into the software first, do i have to delete the map thats onit already or will the one i want on it just overwrite it
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

It just gets overwritten.

click on "file" in the top left corner then click on "open (upload map from disc)" and make the route correct so the software looks in the correct location of your new map ( your new map might be stored on another drive or in a document folder, not necessarily in the DTASwin folder)
You can practice this first by working offline, you can save the map then in the correct location, ie MAPS folder within DTASwin, then when you're confident you can upload it to your ecu when you connect to it for real with the power applied.

Hope this helps,

Martin.
Ben C

Post by Ben C »

cheers martin, managed to get it into the software now. ill be in touch soon about geting a cable from you to connect it up to the ecu. many thanks Ben