fuel injectors.......different car

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
paulw

Re: fuel injectors.......different car

Post by paulw »

See if this works

Engine running.....well sort of :D

Paul
paulw

Post by paulw »

A scope of the 60-2 crank trigger, why is the first figure much lower than the others? I'm not sure what the reading means
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Not sure what the videos are supposed to show ? I thought you had basically confirmed that the ecu is working, the wiring is intact, and that the injector's are being told to open/close ?
The videos just confirm that again ?

The scope trace is good. First section is short because the engine has only started half way through a cycle.

Have you tested the injectors manually the way I described yet ?

Are the plugs wet or dry ?
paulw

Post by paulw »

stevieturbo wrote:Not sure what the videos are supposed to show ? I thought you had basically confirmed that the ecu is working, the wiring is intact, and that the injector's are being told to open/close ?
The videos just confirm that again ?

The scope trace is good. First section is short because the engine has only started half way through a cycle.

Have you tested the injectors manually the way I described yet ?

Are the plugs wet or dry ?
Yes it does confirm it.

Some good news on the scope reading thanks for clarifying.

I have tested the injectors the way you described and the all click when power is applied.

The plugs are dry and sooty.

Paul
paulw

Post by paulw »

All sorted, I can't believe what it was in the end :lol:

The throttle bodies joining clip had popped off and onto the front of the joining bar. It was keeping the butterflies open on cylinders 1 and 2 about 3 to 4mm so sucking in loads of air causing the leaning out on those cylinders.

Simple really :D

Paul
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

It's strange how everyone always assumes it's the ecu that's faulty before checking out the more obvious mechanical systems!
paulw

Post by paulw »

mefmotorsport wrote:It's strange how everyone always assumes it's the ecu that's faulty before checking out the more obvious mechanical systems!
Your spot on there. This is definitely a case of "not seeing the wood for the tree's"

Paul