Closed Loop Shift Cut

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Thos
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Closed Loop Shift Cut

Post by Thos »

Is anyone using this Closed Loop Shift Cut with gear position sensor? I've managed to get it working intermittently, so just wondering what other people's experiences are. Is it reliable or do I need to go whole hog with shaft sensor?

Thanks,
Tom
lumley32
Firmware Version: 61

Re: Closed Loop Shift Cut

Post by lumley32 »

Works fine for me, you just need a very good sensor! Also make sure that you increase voltage with increasing gears, it will play up if its the wrong way round!
Thos

Post by Thos »

What do you regard as a 'very good sensor'. I've got a single channel Penny & Giles, but I'm trying to rob two signals off it, so this probably isnt helping. I'm looking at a dual-channel Penny & Giles sensor from Gear Tronics next.
Thos

Post by Thos »

Also, I'd be interested in taking a look at your settings if you could share? Did you need to work much on the dead band & trip point to get it working?
Steven Gault
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: SG Performance N.I.
Firmware Version: 56

Post by Steven Gault »

never got it working too well on my own racer but had it wokring great on a clients till he went to an event and the bumpier terrain than the test road made it play up. Just think I need to spend more time on it
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

The latest version allows for neutral between 1st and 2nd also the reversal of pot voltage. A mate is using closed loop just fine but is using the switch to start, pot to finish option, this is what I plan on using.