starting problems

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
coupe rosso
ECU Model: S60 Pro

starting problems

Post by coupe rosso »

Hi good morning I have a problem starting a 1600 honda civic vti vtec 16v, is a dta s60, spark this time to 118 degrees, if I start with the starter motor revolutions 200-0 goes, I'm not when the spark falls to 0, and so continuously, and checked the speed sensor signal and right.

if I remove the spark plug works perfectly, and the car so I can start with a change in a slope and it works great.

What is the minimum speed needed to crank the dta?

sorry for my bad English.
Mark_r33
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 66

Re: starting problems

Post by Mark_r33 »

In "General engine settings"

What is your "firing tooth on startup" set to?
coupe rosso

Post by coupe rosso »

I look at it but I think it was one
Mark_r33

Post by Mark_r33 »

Can you take an oscilloscope trace in DTASWin when cranking and post it up here?

Is this a B16?

Using all the sensors in the Dizzy, or got a different crank wheel?
coupe rosso

Post by coupe rosso »

I'm using 60-2 wheel,solved the problem, when the ignition coils disconnected the problem would disappear with a fluke oscilloscope detects much interference, I made a new wiring for the coil (wasted spark) and you fix the problem.

I will try to put a screenshot of my fluke oscilloscope so you can see what the problem was.

Have you ever been? is possible that the cause is the section of cable ignition coil is very small? for coil use 1mm
Mark_r33

Post by Mark_r33 »

Ah good work buddy!

The wire that Allan suggests to use in the manual for the coils is 22 AWG I think, which is .644 mm diameter / .326 mm2 according to the internet, so I doubt that the actual wire size would be your problem if using 1 mm in either measure.

I didn't realise you were running wasted spark, are you using the original sensors in the distributor?
coupe rosso

Post by coupe rosso »

No, Use with 60-2 wheel speed sensor on crankshaft
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

coupe rosso wrote:I'm using 60-2 wheel,solved the problem, when the ignition coils disconnected the problem would disappear with a fluke oscilloscope detects much interference, I made a new wiring for the coil (wasted spark) and you fix the problem.

I will try to put a screenshot of my fluke oscilloscope so you can see what the problem was.

Have you ever been? is possible that the cause is the section of cable ignition coil is very small? for coil use 1mm
Unlikely. But poor grounding can cause problems.

Ensure there are no HT wires anywhere near the crank sensor wiring.
coupe rosso

Post by coupe rosso »

The speed sensor cable is shielded high quality audio
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

2 wire VR signals need to be twisted and shielded as per instructions. Although in the real world, this isnt always essential. But always good practise.

3 wire hall are less fussy.

Do an oscilloscope trace of the crank signal. 150-200rpm should be fine for starting.