Lotus Super Seven Opel/Z20leh/t Mapping

Post maps up for others to get them going in the right direction. DISCLAIMER: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. CONFIRM VALUES!
qstyle
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: mef
Firmware Version: 67

Lotus Super Seven Opel/Z20leh/t Mapping

Post by qstyle »

Hi guys,
iam a owner of a kitcar, this year i was done with the assembling of the car.i still work on the mapping especially the cold start and overboost

the engine is still running fine but has some tricky probs
maybee someone can help me out with that.
i hope you understand my poor english - iam german

i have some problems to fix. when the engine is cold and i want to start. it needs about 6 oder 7 turns till the ignition is powering up and the engine is running. than it needs some time again (about 30 sec) till the engine runs clean (coldstart) without any malfunction/bad ignition . i think its running to rich in coldstart. can someone explain.
maybe anyone can check the maps if they looks good or damn buggy

the engine is a opel gm z20leh with standart turbo and a zeitronix witheband lambda
downpipe etc are 3".the boost is about 1.15, anybody now how too overboost- a bit, on dyno the engine is about 293.ps

i dont know much about programming a motor, the work was done by a other guy with lappi inside the car , maybee i can aprove some parameters to boost the engine up
Attachments
Opel z20let2 opc gmap 12.07.13.map
(44.32 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
Mr Drew
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Re: Lotus Super Seven Opel/Z20leh/t Mapping

Post by Mr Drew »

I've only had a quick look, but the idle fuel numbers and cold start enrichment are very similar to what i run on a a 18xe turbo with z20leh injectors and standard fuel pressure so I dont think that is a problem. The 32 degrees of idle advance when the coolant is cold is more than I would use, I don't think i've ever used more than 15 degrees of idle advance.

Also the way that 13 of the 14 load sites are for the first 39% of the throttle opening isn't ideal in my opinion.
qstyle

Post by qstyle »

fuelpress is about 2.8 bar and i use 430ccm injectors maybee it helps
Mr Drew
Firmware Version: 62

Post by Mr Drew »

When you say it needs 6 or 7 turns to get the engine running do you mean 6 or 7 attempts at starting?
Mark_r33
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 66

Post by Mark_r33 »

Interesting to see a DTA map for the Zlet. I bet it goes well in something as light as a kit car!

Some thoughts;

In General Engine settings;

Firing tooth on startup - Could be reduced (from your 4) to 0 or 1

Injector start pulse - currently 30ms, try bringing it down to 5 or 10ms

Transition from cranking - try reducing it to the minimum value of 600rpm.

Twin Spark - Does this need to be on? You have no offset programmed, and there is only one plug standard, so I doubt it does? (Turn it back on in my file below if you were using it, as I just turned it off)

In Engine start fueling;

I think this is mainly where your problem lies. I think there is just too much fuel at the start, and then that it tapers off too rapidly. Perhaps try reducing the values on the top row, by around half, and dragging it on for a bit longer by having values in the cells past 200 turns.

------------------------------------

Some Questions;

How was the ignition tuned on this? As my buddy who deals with Zlet's a lot seems to think your full load ignition curve is a bit too advanced in the middle RPM's.

How was the fueling tuned, as it is all over the place. Really the map should have some sort of a smoothish form to it. Yours is very peaky and just all over really. I would start by going over your map and smoothing it out, followed by a check with the wideband. When smoothing, just err to the high side to ensure you don't accidentally lean it out too much.

Also, I don't think it is the best strategy to use on a turbo car, just using the simple MAP compensations. I think you need to consider using the 20x14 compensation maps to be able to factor in the effect the turbine housing and wastegate have on the EMAP, and therefore on the VE%.

I have made a modified file that I shall share with just the things I think will effect startup changed. Please ensure you have a look through it yourself first, and that you are very careful using it. I accept no responsibility for anything bad happening!

I have also added the coil charge time voltage compensations from the original file from an Astra VXR, and have activated them. Your 2ms wasn't far off, but as I had them on hand I thought you may appreciate them putting in.

Boost is controlled by the "Base turbo PWM" map, but needs turning on in the parameters option. I would change your map so that the PWM varies with the throttle, should allow you to control the boost with your foot then, as you want it. I would tune the fueling more before turning the boost up though.

It would be very interesting if you could post up some datalog files from your car. Include RPM, MAP, TPS, Lambda, Air temperature, coolant temperature, vehicle speed (if you have it), turbo PWM%, ignition advance and anything else you find interesting. Use at least the 10hz speed option.

I entirely agree with the chap above who mentioned your TPS break points, they are very poorly laid out, with a distinct lack of resolution for around 60% of the throttle opening.

Best of luck with it and please keep us informed, it sounds like an interesting project!

Auf Wiedersehen!

- Mark
Attachments
Opel z20let2 opc gmap 13-11-13.map
(44.4 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Re twin spark.

This would only be needed if you have 4 individually wired coils, and no cam sensor. So the ecu fires them as wasted or twin spark in this case.

If you have a 4 tower coil, or any other setup that only uses 2 ignition outputs, then twin spark is not needed.
Although it wont do any harm turned on either.
Mark_r33
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 66

Post by Mark_r33 »

Ahh, these run a coil pack that houses four individual coils and a cam sensor standard.

Chaps profile says he has an S60 so could use it, but that is not to say that he does.

Didn't realise that was how you could do that Steve, thanks for the info.

So Mr Qstyle, if you are running the car fully sequential using the cam sensor, use the file above. If you are running wasted spark using the twin spark option, try the file below;
Attachments
Wasted spark Z20LET 13-11-13.map
(44.4 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
qstyle

Post by qstyle »

Bilder (6).JPG
Bilder (5).JPG
Bilder (11).jpg
Hi guys tnx for the help...
i just want to sent you some pics of the car and hope youll like it and maybee youll help me out with my probs on a nice car ;-)

i have to translate your eng into german and than i have to study how the things work,i have just added my STARTING FUEL MAP BEFORE and it works better for me, but as i told you iam a noob in programming an engine and during the summer i fired the engine with the map i posted.

now when it comes to winter ill do my work and want to fix the maps if i understand and agree grrrrr
i have to disassemble the gearbox in the next 2 weeks and have to change some things but than i can do some logs of the engine if there isnt any snow outside.
today i have non of them

@mark
i think the maps was finetuned, if you can call it so by a guy with the dtacontrollbox and a laptop in the car riding on the road. the original maps where made with an z20let on the dyno but as i wrote i have an z20leh with 470ccm injectors on 1.15bar boost.also it seems to be another turbo on the leh than on the let.so the guys tuned this for my engine configuration,

twin spark or non- i think its non because i use the original ignitionmodul from opel-i have one big ignitionbridge which is assembled on the sparks.

@drew till my engine start up from cranking it need 6 or 7 turns not 6 or 7 trys if you mean that, i have to push the ignition button just once but i have to push it for 6 or seven seconds

maybee you can handle my bad eng and maybee you can stay tuned on my probs.
maybee someone will smoothen my maps so i can see what to do in realtime

tnx alot daniel
qstyle

Post by qstyle »

hi guys, now i have fixed my Little probs on my gearbox and i just do a quick run with logging

i also have seen that the map i posted before was Buggy because the Turbo control wasnt switched on

now i post the same again -- map and log file,
if i compare in megalogviewer, i see clearly thats not how a engine must be working. my rpm ist max at 5100 . thats shitty, also the fuelling is to rich all over,

what do you think. can anybody Analyse where my probs are

i hope yoou can help me to solve this probs

cheers daniel
Attachments
Opel z20let2 opc gmap 12.07.13neu.map
map
(44.32 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
22.02.2014.Dat
log
(964.76 KiB) Downloaded 362 times