electronic throttle and can steering interface

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
jimbojones
ECU Model: No ECU

electronic throttle and can steering interface

Post by jimbojones »

Hello, I was considering an s80 ecu for my r26 megane, it has electronic throttle and i wondered if you can use the extra un assigned maps in the ecu to take the input(or a conditioned input) from the pedal and output a PWM for the throttle butterfly, and if its something thats commonly done, i could ditch the electronic throttle but i quite like the idea of having the ability to change the throttle map.

One other question i have is rather more vague as i dont know a lot about the steering system on the car, what i do know is its electronic and has some sort of steering map stored somewhere in some box, my question is does anyone have any experience of these systems, i assume the steering control at the lease has access to the speed of the vehicle and i assume this is via CAN, i wondered if integrating something like this over CAN is achievable with the S80? And would i be treading in uncharted territory?

thank you very much for any advice.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: electronic throttle and can steering interface

Post by stevieturbo »

In order to use DBW with DTA, you must purchase their STC throttle controller.

I would doubt you could integrate DTA's CAN with anything on your car.

DTA only outputs a small amount of data via CAN with no interaction with other devices

And most of DTA's assigned outputs are locked down and very inflexible. Even their "flexible" Aux out's are still fairly inflexible as to what you can do with them

pm on its way