S80 water temp problem

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
lumley32
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 61

Re: S80 water temp problem

Post by lumley32 »

no that's not how it works, have you looked at the wiring diagram? for a temp sensor you should have 2 pins, one needs to go to sensor ground (0v) one to a temp input, simple as that!

inside the ecu there is a resistor (1K) that connects between the temp input and 5V, this gets rid of the need to have 3 wires going to the sensor, the sensor then makes the rest of the voltage divider circuit.

google voltage divider if your not sure what this is, its the first thing you need to know about if your involved in any sort of electronics.

the easy way to find out if its wiring or ecu is, like i said in my last post, take the pin out of the ecu connector. look at the voltage in DTAswin, it should read 5V or there about, if it still reads 0v then there is a problem with the ECU, outer wise its bad wiring!
RaceCommo
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by RaceCommo »

I think I know now where the problem is. Didnt pullet the pin out but checked voltage readings in dtaswin. Water temp voltage was about 100mV and when touched the wiring voltage readings changed ~50mV-400mV. Wiring loom builder will check loom some day if there is something wrong.
x30xe
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by x30xe »

archive note: wiring loom fault was found at the end.