paddle shift

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
thomastc
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: dta gr
Firmware Version: 66

paddle shift

Post by thomastc »

hello, i was thinking if anyone can understand what inputs and what outputs does it needs. it is not very clear from the wiring diagram because you have many choices for the signals depends what engine you have and what accessories want to work. the pinout 14 is up paddle where is down paddle,pinout 20 says neutral interlock what is the operation does it down shift until neutral?, pinout 15,18, 20,27,29 is paddle input (for what )
mefmotorsport
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Re: paddle shift

Post by mefmotorsport »

I know quite a lot about this now having wired up an S100 on my rally car and its all working fine with paddles and pneumatics on the Tractive gearbox.

Its all very straightforward really, the neutral interlock button must be pressed to go from 1st to neutral or neutral to 1st, or from reverse to neutral, a safety thing I suppose. It caught me out at first when it wouldnt go into 1st, didnt realise I had to press the neutral interlock as well as pressing up gear for 1st! If you keep your finger on the up change button and accellerate flat out it changes automatically at your preset revs (7500 on mine) right up to 6th ! Fantastic as long as the road is straight!

let me know if you need specific info but really its all on the circuit diagram.

Cheers,

Martin
thomastc

Post by thomastc »

thanks a lot, sounds logical and know the only safe way from 1st to neutral, to reverse. but what are the other paddle inputs, the gear pot is standart pinout 3 (ana3) if iam rigth,what else does is whants to know? (up+down padle, 2 valves, and gear pot )

i am grateful thomas
thomastc

Post by thomastc »

sorry know i get it, do you have a photo of a neutral interlock valve to take to see how it operates,because i have seen some sequential gearboxes with a mechanical way to secure this thanks again
mefmotorsport
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

thomastc wrote:sorry know i get it, do you have a photo of a neutral interlock valve to take to see how it operates,because i have seen some sequential gearboxes with a mechanical way to secure this thanks again
No, I dont have a neutral interlock valve, its a mechanical thing on the tractive gearbox (cable operated arm),

I currently have a cable tie on the gear lever holding the neutral/reverse lever in. So I could conceivably accidently engage reverse or neutral if I used the lever but as long as I stick with using just the paddle then theres no risk as I have to press the neutral interlock button for it to go from 1 st into neutral and reverse.

I now have a working 2 way fixed paddle system, all home made, pics to follow.

martin