Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
PhillipM
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: DTA UK
Firmware Version: 73

Re: Feature Request thread ( make sticky )

Post by PhillipM »

You can run different idle speeds when you first start just by changing your target idle speed in the idle control maps vs engine turns since last start, no? And vary it by temperature too.

I certainly had it working for the rotary engined buggy, as they need a bit of idle speed on first start due to fuel wetting issues, and that's been in bits for the past 3 years, so it's been in there a while. Used to fire up at 1600rpm, then drop to 1200rpm when the water temperature came up, then drop to 950-1000rpm after about 30 seconds or so from startup.
Steven Gault
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: SG Performance N.I.
Firmware Version: 56

Post by Steven Gault »

ability to log mileage engine has run with link to throttle% to actually work out when competition engines of clients are due refresh. This would allow stage mileage to be worked out.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Distance logging would be good to have...I did email Allan about that years ago, or 2nd best option to add a calculated distance field to E-Race...but to no avail.

Obviously distance would require the user to have a valid speed signal though

MLV did create a bit of a formula to add to their software to create a distance field, although it wasnt that great as never actually started from zero...one calc counted up, the next one counted down lol.
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

Alex/All - I was tinkering with my car for the first time in a while, and wanted to throw a few "wish" items out there:
  • Closed loop fueling could have more configuration: enabled only above a given coolant temp, only correctable above X and below Y AFR. Set a max TPS% nad or KPA to consider correction. Even if we had the ability to say "Correction can only turn on 900 seconds after start" would be good.
  • Over run configurable to cut fuel when RPM >X AND Throttle % < Y AND KPA < Z AND coolant temp is above a set temp, for X seconds
Just brainstorming!
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Not sure if it applies to wideband or narrowband.

But there is min water temp for control, and delay from starting 0-160s ?
Jon K

Post by Jon K »

stevieturbo wrote:Not sure if it applies to wideband or narrowband.

But there is min water temp for control, and delay from starting 0-160s ?
Well I'll be! I'll cheggit out!
1992 700RWHP Pump Gas BMW
iceman_n
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Firmware Version: 58

Post by iceman_n »

easy AFR auto tune function via wideband...
tryolz
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: xap
Firmware Version: 61

Post by tryolz »

An interesting feature would be to add a Failsafe Mode for example on my engine running sequential injection and VTEC in the last rally my CAM sensor died during a stage and I was stuck in the middle of the stage because the ECU wasn't able to sync so engine shuts off.
Maybe a fail safe mode running group injection without VTEC would be interesting to let you reach the service park.
welshpug
ECU Model: S40 Pro

Post by welshpug »

i think thats what some o.e ecu's do which would be quite useful.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

As long as the crank trigger has a TDC reference, then once ht engine has sync'd up, there isnt really any need for the cam trigger. But it's always good to keep checking just in case there is a problem.

Some ecu's allow you to do the above, or keep checking, or ignore the cam trigger above a certain rpm etc. They give you the flexibility to choose, or as tryolz suggested to allow the engine to keep running, albeit in a 360sync mode with only batch/wasted etc

Obviously if the crank trigger doesnt have any TDC reference....it would be a lot riskier to ignore the cam trigger as any tooth miscount could totally screw things up.