Flashing DTA S-Series

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: Flashing DTA S-Series

Post by Alex DTA »

Hi Forrest

I've had a couple of S100s that I've really struggled to connect to. It's just a matter of keeping trying.

A couple of tips that might help:
- Keep the flash button pressed for a count of 10
- Leave the ECU powered up for a while. 10 minutes or more.
- Try a few times in a row

If none of those work, feel free to send it back to me.

Alex
stevieturbo wrote:Cant remember if there is an option for different COM ports via the SFlash software ?
Yes, you can use COM ports 1 thourgh 4.
forrest
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: Allan
Firmware Version: 79.00

Post by forrest »

Thanks Steveieturbo and Alex

I've just been trying all your tips Alex for about an hour on the S100 but with no joy!

I also tried an S80 that I have in another car which was running v60 and it connected and updated with no problems!

So I guess I'll need to send it back to be updated at some point.

Again thanks for the help guys.

Forrest
MarcoV6T
Firmware Version: 58

Post by MarcoV6T »

I know from experience that the software used for upgrading the firmware is very time(or better timeout) critical.

With certain USB adapters(full modem compatible) it worked most of the time, but not always, and even when using a 'hardware' serial port, it does not always work.

What could help is that you close every window and running program, and even stop Ethernet(switch it off), and then try with only the firmware upgrade program via a hardware serial port.
lumley32
Firmware Version: 61

Post by lumley32 »

i found that i could not flash my S80 unless both the ground pins and the case ground were connected. i had just put one ground pin on my bench loom and not bothered with the case assuming they would all be connected inside!
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

lumley32 wrote:i found that i could not flash my S80 unless both the ground pins and the case ground were connected. i had just put one ground pin on my bench loom and not bothered with the case assuming they would all be connected inside!
That's interesting, I'll test that next time. Thanks for the feedback.
pete_rallyeer

Post by pete_rallyeer »

Bump for an ongoing thread, I was having difficulty connecting to my S80 but after a lot of attempts finally got it to work by leaving the ECU on for a couple of minutes before hitting the 'reload monitor' button. Worked fine then.

That was using Windows XP and a USB converter.
Shedman
Firmware Version: 66.02

Post by Shedman »

I'ts about time I updated the firmware on my S80 - I've never done this before. I've downloaded the "S series ECU Flash Program" from the DTA website and unzipped it but there is no Setup.exe file in "Disk 1" as explained in the firmware upgrading instructions. Am I looking in the right place?

Thanks very much

Pete
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

There should be. Try downloading it again. I've just checked, and it's still there.
Shedman
Firmware Version: 66.02

Post by Shedman »

Sorry for delay in replying. Re-tried this yesterday and successfully updated! Few false starts with the com port settings, but got there in the end.

Thanks for your help

Pete
DTA Gareth
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by DTA Gareth »

A little late to the party, but after being so busy finally back to doing some FAQ Guides.

As such, here is a guide on how to flash an ECU.

going to tidy up the com ports one too and maybe make a post on here with all the FAQ guides together.
Attachments
Flashing New Firmware to DTA S.pdf
Basics of flashing an ECU
(794.56 KiB) Downloaded 793 times