DTASwin rewrite

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: DTASwin rewrite

Post by stevieturbo »

Alex DTA wrote:Lot's of useful thoughts and discussions, keep them coming.
stevieturbo wrote:But the removal of the low voltage threshold for TPS settings which may prevent the user from running their OEM TPS as it's closed position does not go low enough.
That's a bit of both. However, there has to be a threshold where we decided the TPS is faulty/wired incorrectly/failed.
yes and no.

There has to be a threshold where the user decides there is a fault. Give the user this flexible option, and then it can be tailored better to their install which also gives better chance of determining a fault.
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Allan would say something like 'give them something to adjust and they will adjust it wrong!'
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

Rob Stevens wrote:Allan would say something like 'give them something to adjust and they will adjust it wrong!'
That is something I'm very aware of. One of the biggest advantages we have over our competitors is the ease of use. Adding too many options just makes it harder to use.
Mr Drew
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by Mr Drew »

Perhaps the software could have a 'standard' mode where you have the options for tps and known sensors etc as they are now and 'enhanced' mode where you can customise the limits? I've resorted to hacking map files in the past to get around a limit imposed by the software that wasn't a problem for the firmware, mostly throttle stop limits.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Alex DTA wrote:
Rob Stevens wrote:Allan would say something like 'give them something to adjust and they will adjust it wrong!'
That is something I'm very aware of. One of the biggest advantages we have over our competitors is the ease of use. Adding too many options just makes it harder to use.
Again yes and no. More than a few times the TPS issue has been raised.

Simple dummy fix....

Allow the user to set their min/max settings with any TPS, and then the software will automatically set fault thresholds say +/- 0.2v these settings.

That way the fault settings are always there, but any TPS can be used and fault detection is still tight.

But I think for something that generally requires a 1 off calibration, giving more flexibility with TPS and their own fault limits should be within most users grasp
Rob Stevens
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Post by Rob Stevens »

Regarding the TPS setting, I had to fudge the map to work on a Hyabusa years ago. I too believe the limits should be freed up to allow more odd ball sensors.
How about allowing the closed and open positions to be anywhere 0.5v to 4.5v and have the failed positions set automatically as Steve suggests say 10% below the closed or 10% above the open settings.
gnutz2

Post by gnutz2 »

This might have been mentioned before and may not be software but can the log download speed be increased and can it be done without stopping the engine.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

gnutz2 wrote:This might have been mentioned before and may not be software but can the log download speed be increased and can it be done without stopping the engine.
That always drove me insane !!

And if it isnt possible...could a cheap standalone logger be built that would allow it, either via serial or CAN.
troy
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by troy »

Dtadroid should do it?
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

All points noted.

I suspect log file download speed is limited by the hardware. The engine having to be off is probably a limitation of the serial port comms. Not much I can do about either of them unfortunately.

Cheap logging can be done with DTADroid using the serial port stream.