The "other" forum

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
Antral

Re: The "other" forum

Post by Antral »

kutle wrote:Hi, I am also from the old forum with same nick.

Still having problems with my ECU and Allan confirmed that it is something wrong and offered me full refund if I wish. Will probably take it.
Thought Allan was supposed to be a bad guy? :roll:
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Post by 86sixsix »

i is wonderin if u guy fink dta will make my car go faster innit?

*whistles innocently*

it's me... different username spelling but same idiot :lol: (if you google this new one - more often than not the results'll be me)
so this is where you nutters all hang out now, eh?
(whoever's responsible for this new 'portal of ecu anger' - well done (understatement))
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

We were wondering how long it would take before you'd catch up with this! Where have you been? It's been boring without your input!

Martin
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

few days after the old one disappeared i e-mithered nigel at psycode - got no reply - registered here and promptly loitered without intent.

still need to tap you up for a back-pocket job on my battery and starter wiring, you know :!:

i've no doubt all together with our mighty intellects we can turn this site too into a massive tome of information where none of us have a engine that turns over :D
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
VR6Turbo
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 62

Post by VR6Turbo »

Ha ha, welcome back Ricky! The forum's not the same without you....awwwwwww :D
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

:lol: withdrawal symptoms from a bunch of ****wits discussing how to reference engine load :lol:

what's new in the world? driving-by-mystical-wire?

edit: you'd have laughed - i had a lover's tiff with Frank on twitter... spent a good few hours trying to drill CL into him n he disregarded all my input and then posted all over the place that i know sod all. i thought that was real nice. then i come here and all my info's under his name, made slightly more inaccurate and with a few token creds here n there lol - some sh*t never changes does it?
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

Engine load, pah, bring back Carburettors I say! A couple of SU carbs and a dizzy is all you need :D

Nothing new in DBW land. Still faffing around trying to cobble an engine together!

That might explain why Frank hasn't been on here for a while :lol: I've known him for years off the forum and in our email exchanges he always said you were really helpful and knew your stuff! Maybe all the petrol fumes from tuning his CL are going to his head!
86sixsix

Post by 86sixsix »

hehe... maybe... if he had the patience to match his bravery when it comes to prodding buttons he'd have the fastest automobile on the planet!

...and *what* might i add - is wrong with running off've a dizzy :D

good that everyone from 'th'old place' seems to be joining up here. could be a giggle this site.
VR6Turbo

Post by VR6Turbo »

It was more the 'points' than the dizzy I was getting at..... the simplest wiring loom ever! :D

I thin the first Bentley Turbos used SU carbs actually....
RTR75
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 46

Post by RTR75 »

Sorry about the old one, but it looks like the "info" people are here!
Thanks for the site
8-) Linc