Map Lock / PIN Lock

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
phazer

Re: Map Lock / PIN Lock

Post by phazer »

File on it's way Mike.

Phil
"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, if you decide you don't like him, you're a mile away from him with his shoes".

Nova SRi 1.6 16v TBs / DTA E48 1/4@14.8s
86sixsix
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: http://www.dtafast.co.uk
Firmware Version: 78.01

Post by 86sixsix »

if you've paid your bill - name and shame the mapper! that's really not on in my book
Renault 1.6 K7M, '92 Clio 16v shell, Rotrex C30-74, S40, Faceache, Sh***er, YouTube Blue Shed Channel
spyrstas

Post by spyrstas »

hey can someone please send me the file, as my mapper has done the same exact thing but here in Greece. Has anyone ever tried it on a S40? Will it harm the ecu by any chance? Thank you very much and please help as this other link is not working:
http://dtaforum.psycode.com/viewtopic.php?t=1637

ps. email address is dznutzuk@yahoo.com
spyrstas

Post by spyrstas »

No need, I found a code that opens all files, ****...

<edited by DTA request>
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

spyrstas wrote:No need, I found a code that opens all files, ****...
I think that's classified information and not for general distribution!

Martin
Last edited by mefmotorsport on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
spyrstas

Post by spyrstas »

Well if some tuners weren't such dcks and not giving the code to the owners then it wouldn't be needed now would it. Well if the site owner thinks it should be erased, then he might as well erase my post.
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Post by ignitionautosport »

I can understand tuners protecting their intellectual property, especially for such things as closed loop setup and advanced features - but the owner should be informed beforehand that the ECU is going to be passworded when they book it in for more than a basic tune.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
x30xe
ECU Model: S60 Pro

Post by x30xe »

I would understand PIN locking if some professional engine builder supplies complete ready to run race engines, or engine leasing or something similar professional level motorsport activity and then gives warranty for what he/company supplies.

But hey, we are mostly private persons running street cars or non professional level racing cars. We need to fine tune settings after leaving dyno. So tuner can't leave pin locked in any circumstances.

And DTA is used mostly by privateers searching cost friendly engine management. PIN locking does not belong to this world.
spyrstas

Post by spyrstas »

Well if I pay 750euros for a map that's made on my ecu, you damn right it's my property and I can do anything that I want with it. That's like me buying a mobile phone and giving out hacking programs for it. It's not there's anymore, they were paid for their services, if they still want to be @ssholes, well then I posted the code above. Btw, I found the other code on a site much like this one, and the guy even contacted dta and told him there's no override code. Pretty funny... did...
mefmotorsport
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: Mefmotorsport
Firmware Version: 79

Post by mefmotorsport »

x30xe wrote:I would understand PIN locking if some professional engine builder supplies complete ready to run race engines, or engine leasing or something similar professional level motorsport activity and then gives warranty for what he/company supplies.

But hey, we are mostly private persons running street cars or non professional level racing cars. We need to fine tune settings after leaving dyno. So tuner can't leave pin locked in any circumstances.

And DTA is used mostly by privateers searching cost friendly engine management. PIN locking does not belong to this world.
Yes but also please remember that in some circumstances a locked ecu is necessary, like in a one make championship where all ecu's must be the same and not to be tampered with. I know for a fact that thses circumstances exist with some DTA customers. I do agree though that it's a bit silly for mappers to lock your ecu after mapping, that's pointless, you may need to make some simple changes.

Martin