Impreza WRX

Discuss which Sensors work best with these ECUs and share how you are using inputs and outputs
ignitionautosport
ECU Model: S80 Pro

Re: Impreza WRX

Post by ignitionautosport »

I make a point of fitting sensors with known calibrations these days.
| '94 GSR Lancer | '96 Toyota Carib 20V | '83 Toyota Starlet | www.ignitionautosport.co.nz |
ONEBADBUG
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by ONEBADBUG »

rocar wrote:Plans to install an S60 on a n03 Subaru Impreza WRX too,?Would like to know if oem crank sensors and crank trigger wheel works,cam sensor and TPS....
Almost the same question. Just getting to wiring and stuff, wondering if the crank sensor (94 Legacy) is compatible with my e48?
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

ONEBADBUG wrote:
rocar wrote:Plans to install an S60 on a n03 Subaru Impreza WRX too,?Would like to know if oem crank sensors and crank trigger wheel works,cam sensor and TPS....
Almost the same question. Just getting to wiring and stuff, wondering if the crank sensor (94 Legacy) is compatible with my e48?
The magnetic sensor should be. But the Subaru trigger wheel will not be recognised by your DTA

And the E48 cannot do sequential. So you'd need to install your own 36-1 trigger wheel on the crank.
ONEBADBUG

Post by ONEBADBUG »

Dang, that's not what I wanted to hear.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Some people have adapted a small toothed wheel in place of the OEM crank trigger. So that may be an option.

http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=822.0

But it wont be difficult to add a 36-1 to the front pulley either
ONEBADBUG

Post by ONEBADBUG »

Thanks for that link.
ONEBADBUG

Post by ONEBADBUG »

I have been researching it, and read that the STI version has a 36-1 wheel. The crank trigger is also the cam drive gear. So, that should bolt right on, but I can't find one anywhere. Anybody know about that? I really want to use the stock pickup location, I don't like the exposed trigger. Seems like a failure waiting to happen.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

ONEBADBUG wrote:I have been researching it, and read that the STI version has a 36-1 wheel. The crank trigger is also the cam drive gear. So, that should bolt right on, but I can't find one anywhere. Anybody know about that? I really want to use the stock pickup location, I don't like the exposed trigger. Seems like a failure waiting to happen.
Absolutely NO Subaru has a 36-1 wheel.

And as you seen in the photos. Yes the trigger wheel is part of the belt drive gear. The pics above the OEM 6 tooth trigger has been lathed off to allow for the 36-1 toothed wheel to be fitted.
ONEBADBUG

Post by ONEBADBUG »

OK, thanks. I'll be making my own then.
rocar

Post by rocar »

I will start fitting trigger wheel and wiring next week.I will try to take some pics ;)