S60 ground issue

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
MarcusDH
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Firmware Version: 89.00

S60 ground issue

Post by MarcusDH »

Hi, i have a problem with S60 ECU. The outputs for fuel pump relay, fan relay and shift light (pin 3, 4 and 6) are always grounded. When i switch ignition on the ecu sends one pulse to the fan relay (12v) but after that if you measure with a multimeter between + and pin 4 you have around 9v constant. Same in the pin 3 and 6. I check the harness and i tested the ECU out of the car with external power supply. Always same readings. You can see the shift light slightly on. The car runs perfect but suddenly and very random the ecu lose some sensor calibration (tps or crank sensor). I think this could be the problem. Thanks
Rob Stevens
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: None-Coil On Plug :)

Re: S60 ground issue

Post by Rob Stevens »

What happens when you manually test with the PC connected via the test output facility.
MarcusDH

Post by MarcusDH »

Without activate the fan via pc i have 9.77v and when i activate via pc 12v (i remember you that i check the voltage between ecu positive and ground signal from pin 4) thanks
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

??
No idea what you are doing or why.
Please try the test I suggested from the PC software.

If you are having problems with running use the data log facility to help trace the issue. In the diagnostic section there is a reset count that can help you identify loss of power to the ecu.
MarcusDH

Post by MarcusDH »

Thanks for the reply.
If i test the fan or the shift light manually via PC they works fine. But if you turn ignition on the ecu sends one pulse to start the fan (in the life chart you can se a peak of 120-130ºC) and the shift light is on but like a dim light. I test the ecu with external power supply with the same results and if i check the voltage between pin 4 (fan relay) and positive i have around 9v (witch for me is grounded). The calibration fail occurs after around 50-70km and right now i cant test the car on the road. Thanks
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

MarcusDH wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:36 am Hi, i have a problem with S60 ECU. The outputs for fuel pump relay, fan relay and shift light (pin 3, 4 and 6) are always grounded. When i switch ignition on the ecu sends one pulse to the fan relay (12v) but after that if you measure with a multimeter between + and pin 4 you have around 9v constant. Same in the pin 3 and 6. I check the harness and i tested the ECU out of the car with external power supply. Always same readings. You can see the shift light slightly on. The car runs perfect but suddenly and very random the ecu lose some sensor calibration (tps or crank sensor). I think this could be the problem. Thanks
If your shift light is an LED, then it is quite common for it to glow a little.

How can you lose a crank sensor calibration ?

Post a datalog of whatever your problem is.

Are you saying your outputs are not working as installed in the vehicle to drive whatever it is they need to ? And the ecu does not send out 12v pulses.
Rob Stevens

Post by Rob Stevens »

Actually one of my cars does pulse the fan when I turn it on sometimes and has for years so I'd say it's a known problem
MarcusDH

Post by MarcusDH »

Thanks
MarcusDH

Post by MarcusDH »

Finally it seems that the problem was a spiked ECU. Thanks for the answers.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Spiked in what regard ?