Idle valve on aux3

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
craig903
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Distributor: ebay
Firmware Version: 73.01

Idle valve on aux3

Post by craig903 »

Hi,

I'm looking at using aux 3 to drive an idle valve at fixed intervals using water temperature as the primary input and then setting up ignition advance for the main idle control. I can't use ignition advance by its self because It swings to both extremes when hot or cold? I'm using map compensation so that will look after the fuelling and aux 3 looks to be the same ground switching type. I'm not sure on the load that aux 3 can take however I noticed it can be used to drive a 3 pin which had me intrigued.

is this possible?

thanks
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Idle valve on aux3

Post by stevieturbo »

Why not just use Pin 8....for the idle valve ? as it is intended ?
craig903

Post by craig903 »

why bother replying if you don't answer the question?
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

craig903 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:50 pm why bother replying if you don't answer the question?
Why bother asking a question, when it's blatantly obvious what an aux output can do ? And when there is already a dedicated output for an idle valve.

And the wiring instructions clearly state current limitations of the outputs on page 5.
craig903

Post by craig903 »

stevieturbo wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:11 pm
craig903 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:50 pm why bother replying if you don't answer the question?
Why bother asking a question, when it's blatantly obvious what an aux output can do ? And when there is already a dedicated output for an idle valve.

And the wiring instructions clearly state current limitations of the outputs on page 5.
I clearly stated what I was trying to do with the output and I'm still wanting to use ignition advance which would disable the idle valve functionality on pin 8. Unless I've got that wrong as well. Thanks for the information wasn't to hard was it.
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Post by Alex DTA »

craig903 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:34 pm Hi,

I'm looking at using aux 3 to drive an idle valve at fixed intervals using water temperature as the primary input and then setting up ignition advance for the main idle control. I can't use ignition advance by its self because It swings to both extremes when hot or cold? I'm using map compensation so that will look after the fuelling and aux 3 looks to be the same ground switching type. I'm not sure on the load that aux 3 can take however I noticed it can be used to drive a 3 pin which had me intrigued.

is this possible?

thanks
Assuming you're varying the duty cycle by temperature, then this should work as expected