T2 comunication problem

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Mazdaman
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: MEF Motorsport

T2 comunication problem

Post by Mazdaman »

I have just bought a vehicle running a T2 unit with hardware version REV_E2 and firmware version 4.03

When trying to connect via USB the T-Win software gives me the "ECU not present or switched off" text box.

However when I check the "Devices" in the "Settings" on my laptop the ECU is shown,

I have removed and reinstalled the latest software but still no joy.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance
Alex DTA
ECU Model: S40 Pro
Distributor: DTA
Firmware Version: 79

Re: T2 comunication problem

Post by Alex DTA »

Mazdaman

Post by Mazdaman »

Thanks for the prompt reply Alex

Unfortunately the whole problem is that I cannot connect with the ECU although it does show as connected in the Device manager

In the "File" menu the "Refresh", "Update" and "Reset" options are greyed out

The "update" option is only available I believe as I have one of the generic calibrations (Zetec) loaded in the software

I've taken my operating system back to a previous restore point in order than the T-Win installation copies all the necessary add-on's that it needs

As stated the car is new to me so I don't have it's current running calibration file on record :?

Thanks in advance
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

Use the second section of the manual to update the firmware without the software.
Mazdaman

Post by Mazdaman »

Success :D

The firmware update via the second method worked

Thanks very much for your help and patience - much appreciated 8-)
Mazdaman

Post by Mazdaman »

As an addendum to this problem I have suffered another

The whole point of this exercise was to save a copy of the calibration to hard disc and also reset the throttle stop settings as this unit had been changed

Having only carried out the recalibration of the throttle stops and loaded the ECU I tried to start the engine but to no avail.

After some searching I discovered that both the fuelling and ignition maps had lost their data - all boxes were set to zero's :?

Luckily I have a similar engine and am able to use the calibration from that to get me to the dyno tomorrow.
Alex DTA

Post by Alex DTA »

There's a section missing from that document.
When upgrading from V1.xx, you need to save the map, do the firmware update, then load the map again. As the fuel and ignition maps are in a different location in memory due to the bigger size, this will ensure they are copied across correctly.
I'll update it ASAP.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

always always always always aways.....backup things before doing any changes, software, firmware, anything. On any ecu, anywhere !

And I keep backups of backups ! lol
Westfield 20XE
Distributor: QED motorsport

Post by Westfield 20XE »

Hi all/Alex

Is there any further updates to the firmware pdf on how to carry out a update on a firmware version 1.35?

I have just installed a T2 supplied by QED motorsport for my 20XE and they say a map has been installed. On my initial attempt to connect a laptop I seem to have the same issue as the OP in the sense that it states ECU "ECU not present or switched off".

My laptop recognises the ECU when I look at connected devices but I'm unable to do anything else with it?

Having never done anything like this before with a stand alone ECU I'm weary of deleting the map (assuming there is a map there???)

My understanding is I need to update the firmware but before doing so I need to save my map 1st. Once firmware is updated then I reload my map?

All the tabs on the top left hand page of the laptop screen are greyed so I'm unable to do anything.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

Presumably it connected to an ecu at some point, so maybe an older software version will let you connect to save the old map ?

Then do any updates ?