Datalog download.

Discuss issues and tuning software like DTASWin, E-Race, MegaLogViewer(DTA), etc. Also post archive versions of firmware.
Cpur
ECU Model: S100 Pro

Datalog download.

Post by Cpur »

Hi all.
Straight to point.
Why the hell does downloading a log take so fickin long.

What are the best setting for the s100 using a serial to usb converter. . I end up having to connect to a charger . It takes over 45min for a 15minute race.
What speed do you use on the port settings.

Thanks and frustrated
Cpur
Last edited by Cpur on Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: Datalog download.

Post by stevieturbo »

Use the fastest settings you can, but yes it is diabolically long. It was one of my biggest gripes when I used DTA.

Now with Syvecs, it takes seconds, for a lot lot more data.
JON-TEC-RALLYE
Distributor: JON-TEC-RALLYE
Firmware Version: 89

Post by JON-TEC-RALLYE »

Well, that has no solution, the problem is due to the use of a USB-RS232 adapter.

I use a PC with direct RS232 and it simply takes about 6 minutes to download 1 hour of information.

I think that with the CAN to USB adapter that DTA had it was about 1 min for an hour of data.

If I remember correctly, in theory it was 8 times faster.

Remember to delete the memory when downloading data so you won't download the same thing several times.

greetings
DTA--MoTec--Link--Ecumaster--HONDATA
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

JON-TEC-RALLYE wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:04 am Well, that has no solution, the problem is due to the use of a USB-RS232 adapter.

I use a PC with direct RS232 and it simply takes about 6 minutes to download 1 hour of information.

I think that with the CAN to USB adapter that DTA had it was about 1 min for an hour of data.

If I remember correctly, in theory it was 8 times faster.

Remember to delete the memory when downloading data so you won't download the same thing several times.

greetings
I used all manner over the years, direct RS232, USB adapters of various sorts, downloads were always horrendously slow. And how are you achieving 1 hour of data ? must be very very few items ?
Like it's only 1MB of data, it should take milliseconds !! or a few seconds at worst.

I did enquire with Allan when the CAN adapter first came out too, and he said it would be slower than RS232, so I never went down that route
aleksanderk
ECU Model: S80 Pro
Firmware Version: 6500

Post by aleksanderk »

Are your software on the PC and firmware for the ECU updated to the latest? I had problems also, but it got much better when I updated both.
Cpur

Post by Cpur »

I am not sure about which firmware i have on my ecu, but to tell you the truth if i am not sure that a firmware upgrade would fix this , i will not try.
I am not ready to end up with a greater issue, because of a new bug or some kind of coding error.
stevieturbo

Post by stevieturbo »

DTA downloads have always been horrendously slow. As said, probably my biggest gripe right from the P8 in 2002 or so, right through 'til I stopped using DTA around 2014

With your adapter, make sure baud speeds are as high as you can in device manager etc. 45 minutes sounds very very slow, but I'm sure I remember 5-10 minutes not being unusual.
Mental for only 1mb of memory really.