T4 ECU with Plastic Body

This section is dedicated to discussion of DTA engine control units such as the DTA E48 EXP, P8 Pro, DTA S40, S60, S80, and S100, as well as all things ECU related.
HeikoGolfMK1
ECU Model: S60 Pro
Distributor: Alons Motorsport

T4 ECU with Plastic Body

Post by HeikoGolfMK1 »

Hello,

i´m from Germany, i have upgrade my ecu from S60 to T4, but i have a plastic body, all the T4 i have seen a Aluminium Body.

Have you a idea is this new from DTA ?

greedings Heiko
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Re: T4 ECU with Plastic Body

Post by stevieturbo »

I though only the S40 ecu's had a plastic body ? S60 would have been aluminium.

And by upgrade, I assume you mean buy a complete new ecu ? I don't think there is any option for changing internal parts to "upgrade" something you own already
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Semantics Steve - English is the guys 2nd language! Upgrade . . . . as in change from a S60 to a new T4.

In answer to the question a new T4 ecu will be billet aluminium - it says so here in the unit info sheet - https://www.dtafast.co.uk/dta_products/t4-ecu/ I believe, as Steve said the S40's were all plastic whilst the T2's are extruded aluminium with Plastic protective end caps . . . . . . so not sure what you have? Maybe a photo will help with identification?
HeikoGolfMK1
Distributor: Alons Motorsport

Post by HeikoGolfMK1 »

Picture
Attachments
DTA T4
DTA T4
IMG_3518.jpeg (50.61 KiB) Viewed 9320 times
stevieturbo
ECU Model: No ECU

Post by stevieturbo »

Ahh, you already have the ecu, and you say it is plastic ?

Silly question, but are you sure it is plastic ? The spec says billet aluminium, so I assume machined, not the extruded as for some lower models.

Pic doesn't show much other than it looks black. Specs do say it should be aluminium though.
katana
Firmware Version: 29

Post by katana »

Just comparing the printed Firmware #'s and the Serial numbers between the brochure and the OP photo, it maybe that DTA have switched from one style to a completely moulded 'clam shell' type enclosure - cost probably comes into the equation although heat dissipation could be worse if 'all' plastic? Alex must have his reasons! I suspect its a brand new version and the website hasn't caught up yet!
JON-TEC-RALLYE
ECU Model: S100 Pro
Distributor: JON-TEC-RALLYE
Firmware Version: 89

Post by JON-TEC-RALLYE »

Good afternoon, that is correct, the new T series units will be lighter and more airtight with plastic coating.

This was communicated to us a few weeks ago.

The new moulded plastic cases for the bigger ECUs have been well received, especially the weight saving and built in mounting points.
We will have a prototype of the new moulded T2 case at Autosport in January.
DTA--MoTec--Link--Ecumaster--HONDATA